The Newsroom

Sky News: Presenters & Rotas

Chat about Sky News Presenters and Rotas Here (July 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NT
NewbieTvFan
Just to put it out there I think Kimberley is really good! I'd love to see her on more often. She's far from abysmal.
AS
AlexS
Going by the 3-4pm hour, the issue I think is her delivery which is rather generic. The questions she asked Michael Fallon were the right ones, but the way she delivers those are not in the same league as Kay or any of the regulars and I'd include Sophy Ridge in that.

The Scottish guy who was on Sunrise this morning covering for Stephen Dixon has similar issues, but I find him an easier watch in the background than Kimberley sadly.

But the secondary presenter on sunrise and the morning shift doesn't have to be a particularly good interviewer, unlike the solo presenter in the afternoon shift. I think part of the problem is that the afternoon shift is currently seen as the least important shift to have a strong presenter on more than anything else, the same effect can also be seen on World News Today on the BBC which oftens ends up with sub-par presenters.
NE
Newshack16
AlexS is spot on....the nature of breakfast slot anywhere is that the more senior presenter takes the lead on interviews. Hence "Sunrise with SJ Mee" etc. So pretty harsh to judge that particular skill when it's not the secondary presenter's remit. The guy has also held his own in some pretty fiesty interviews in the last year - prob why those newer presenters are there as the second pres on a morning slot.

AlexS posted:
Going by the 3-4pm hour, the issue I think is her delivery which is rather generic. The questions she asked Michael Fallon were the right ones, but the way she delivers those are not in the same league as Kay or any of the regulars and I'd include Sophy Ridge in that.

The Scottish guy who was on Sunrise this morning covering for Stephen Dixon has similar issues, but I find him an easier watch in the background than Kimberley sadly.

But the secondary presenter on sunrise and the morning shift doesn't have to be a particularly good interviewer, unlike the solo presenter in the afternoon shift. I think part of the problem is that the afternoon shift is currently seen as the least important shift to have a strong presenter on more than anything else, the same effect can also be seen on World News Today on the BBC which oftens ends up with sub-par presenters.
ST
STV Today

I'm hoping the Kenyan woman grows into a back up presenter more. I think it's just getting used to it. Folk need to remember these guys are being trained up like all of us - just in front of the camera for folk to pass comment. I like the Scottish one yet I suppose I am biased. There is one English one I cannae go though!!
Rkolsen and London Lite gave kudos
TV
TVViewer256
Just to put it out there I think Kimberley is really good! I'd love to see her on more often. She's far from abysmal.

I like Kimberly and i know sky news presenters like to establish their own styles, but her just sitting at the desk for 3 and a half hours straight is just boring when you are used to seeing people standing up or at 'the big screen'
LL
London Lite Founding member
Kimberley Leonard replaced Anna Botting at 2300 and is still on-air.
TV
TV Dan
Kimberley Leonard replaced Anna Botting at 2300 and is still on-air.

Hopefully she is feeling less horse by Monday Shocked

Terrible cut between Kimberley at 12:30am from the headlines at the desk into the press preview replay - really needed a sting or cut from the headlines.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Stephen Dixon presented 11-3, leaving Tom Macleod to present with Isabel on Sunrise.
II
IrelandIsle
And that is exactly the kind of way to blood young talent and how Sky should be doing it.
SK
Skygeek
And that is exactly the kind of way to blood young talent and how Sky should be doing it.

Tom is one to watch and a properly nice chap to boot!
PM
Private Monkey

Tom is one to watch and a properly nice chap to boot!

Agreed. I think he's competent. I like his delivery and is visually appealing.
TV
TVViewer256
Stephen Dixon doing news at ten tonight as anna jones is ill
For any of you worrying, he won't be on sunrise next week but he will continue his normal duties after

Newer posts