TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
UB
UBox
Sorry this isn't pres related but it's being annoying me for some time. Can someone change "you'l" to "you'll" in the thread tagine thing?
MA
Markymark
UBox posted:
Sorry this isn't pres related but it's being annoying me for some time. Can someone change "you'l" to "you'll" in the thread tagine thing?

I disagree, correct spelling and grammar are actually 100% pres related !
London Lite, ukpetey and UBox gave kudos
UK
ukpetey
UBox posted:

I disagree, correct spelling and grammar are actually 100% pres related !

I concur with this, there are contributors to this forum who plainly never proof read their written thoughts before posting. Sometimes I'm at a loss as to the real meaning of their comment.
DA
davidhorman
I concur with this, there are contributors to this forum who plainly never proof read their written thoughts before posting.

Proofread is one word. Honestly, it's like reading The Guardian in here sometimes...
BA
bilky asko
I concur with this, there are contributors to this forum who plainly never proof read their written thoughts before posting.

Proofread is one word. Honestly, it's like reading The Guardian in here sometimes...

In my copy of The Concise Oxford Dictionary (1st Edition, 1911), it's hyphenated. Then again, the very same dictionary doesn't have the word "television" in it.
UK
ukpetey

I use the traditional spelling - two separate words - "proof read" - which then over time became a hypenated compound noun - "proof-read", then finally a closed spelling, as one word - "proofread". All are correct.

Similarly "today" started life as "to day" in Middle English times, then for several hundred years became "to-day" as evidenced from historical writings and manuscripts, finally becoming the modern, closed spelling we know "today"

None of which you'd be likely to find in The Grauniad, famous as it is for piss-poor spelling!
WI
Wicko
I was kind of hoping to see "Forest" again today. Just to add a bit of variety into the mix. But alas, still the swimmer with man boobs that many women would die for!
CU
Custard56
I find it hilarious that the current W1A-Comic Relief trailers, with spoof ideas for rebranding such as "Brown Nose Day", are juxtaposed directly with all this Oneness nonsense.

It's either the BBC knowing how to laugh at itself or a case of an organisation with a sheer lack of self-awareness and not knowing its a**e from its elbow.
CA
Cando
I don't know Jay those W1A ads are just so subtle Rolling Eyes
JA
james-2001
Brown Nose Day- isn't that when Theresa May meets Donald Trump?
JO
Johnr
Crimewatch has got even more confused with what it wants to be based on last night, they wanted a 'special' episode (there is another 'special' episode next week according to the TV listings so it might be a while series thing) on one theme but still shoved some appeals in the middle.

If they want a 'special' it shouldn't really be called Crimewatch as such, one problem is with the appeals it'll also only be on iPlayer for 24 hours

They also obviously spent far too much on the mobile studio as that is back although maybe not quite so mobile after the local resident extras last series!
DE
deejay
Brown Nose Day has been featured before on a comedy show ...
Lou Scannon, rob and Earlie37 gave kudos

Newer posts