TV Home Forum

BT Sport - Launch of BT Sport Ultimate

Dolby Atmos to be introduced 28-Nov-2020 (June 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
Of the other ESPN docs that turn up on BT, there are a couple to look out for which might be of interest around here.

The Day the Series Stopped is all about the San Francisco earthquake which took place shortly after ABC went on air with its World Series coverage from the city, with some interesting tidbits - for example the Goodyear blimp being told to move as far away from the stadium as it could while still maintaining a signal, which resulted in some of those memorable shots of the collapsed freeway.

June 17th, 1994 is a montage of behind-the-scenes footage and television coverage from that day, almost like watching a recording of someone flicking though channels on a day when a lot was happening in America - the first game of the World Cup, Babe Ruth's home run record being tied, a game of the NBA finals, Arnold Palmer's final round at the US Open.. and the OJ Simpson car chase.
UK
UKnews
Thanks VMPHil and Blake, I'll watch out for those.

From the '30 for 30' series I can also recommend:

'Small Potatoes' (whatever happened to the key protagonist?)
'The 16th Man' (I've read the excellent book its based on, and seen the hollywood film),
'Kings Ransom'

I wouldn't be in as much of a hurry to watch 'Marion Jones : Press Pause' - whilst interesting it allows her a bit too much time to try and excuse what she did wrong (even if she suffered serious consequences). I did have 'Catching Hell' recorded before recently switching to a Sky Q box so hopefully that will get repeated soon as I didn't have time to watch it.
VM
VMPhil
Of the other ESPN docs that turn up on BT, there are a couple to look out for which might be of interest around here.

The Day the Series Stopped is all about the San Francisco earthquake which took place shortly after ABC went on air with its World Series coverage from the city, with some interesting tidbits - for example the Goodyear blimp being told to move as far away from the stadium as it could while still maintaining a signal, which resulted in some of those memorable shots of the collapsed freeway.

June 17th, 1994 is a montage of behind-the-scenes footage and television coverage from that day, almost like watching a recording of someone flicking though channels on a day when a lot was happening in America - the first game of the World Cup, Babe Ruth's home run record being tied, a game of the NBA finals, Arnold Palmer's final round at the US Open.. and the OJ Simpson car chase.

Aha, I was going to mention The Day the Series Stopped as well but wasn't sure if it would appeal as much to TV Forumers not into sport… but yes, definitely see that one as well if you can.
UK
UKnews
Looking through the list of episodes 'Slaying the Badger' is also very good.
HC
Hatton Cross
'The legend of Jimmy The Greek', is a great documentary for anyone with an interest in the NFL and CBS Sports coverage back in the 80's.
DV
dvboy
Can anyone explain why the Harlequins v Leicester Tigers match, on BT Sport 2 tonight is also on BT Sport Extra 1 accessible on the red button from BT Sport 1 with the option to record from BT Sport 1 on the EPG, while Inverness CT v Rangers is on BT Sport 1?
DV
DVB Cornwall
BT Sport's base tier includes BTS1 AND BTSX1. Normally Premier League / Scot Prem and Aviva Rugby don't clash, when they do one of them gets a slot on a 'normal' channel and for base tier customers it's also shown on X1. PL, SP and AR are base tier properties., so it's innovative to provide these via RB rather than dropping on a clash.
GE
thegeek Founding member
Aviva Prem and SPL do clash reasonably often on Fridays - they seem to alternate which one gets BTS1, and which gets BTS2 and X1. There was an occasion where there was another BT Sport Lite event on concurrently (possibly Premier League), so one ended up on Showcase too.

The Lite pack is no longer available to new subscribers, but they seem to be continuing to honour it for now.
DV
dvboy
Thanks, I had forgotten about BT Sport Lite.

I can see they are doing the same next Friday, with Aviva Prem on BTS1 and Vanarama NL on BTS2 and BTSX1, and Saturday for rugby when BT Sport Score is on.

This also explains why sometimes they don't use BTSX1, but one of the other Extra channels instead, for Europa League.
BR
Brekkie
I'd have thought the days of BT Sport Lite must be numbered, although maybe they're committed to it until the end of this Premiership contract.
MY
MY83
dvboy posted:
Thanks, I had forgotten about BT Sport Lite.

I can see they are doing the same next Friday, with Aviva Prem on BTS1 and Vanarama NL on BTS2 and BTSX1, and Saturday for rugby when BT Sport Score is on.

This also explains why sometimes they don't use BTSX1, but one of the other Extra channels instead, for Europa League.

Almost as if there's a method to their madness!
DV
dvboy
Daily Mail Charles Sale:

BT Sport are ready to fight off Sky to retain rights for UEFA Champions League (hoping to make a deal with ITV)
Aviva Premiership to be shown live on terrestrial TV for the first time next season (five games per season on Channel 5 simulcast with BT Sport)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4265376/BT-Sport-set-retain-Champions-League-rights.html#ixzz4ZvujTrPw
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4265376/BT-Sport-set-retain-Champions-League-rights.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Newer posts