TV Home Forum

The BRIT Awards 2017

Hosted by Dermot O'Leary & Emma Willis (February 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BK
bkman1990
The BRIT Awards are now on ITV to showcase the biggest awards in Britain's music industry.

Ant & Dec are not presenting the awards this year probably due to commitments for Saturday Night Takeaway.

It is instead being hosted by Dermot O'Leary & Emma Willis for this years ceremony.

Are any of you watching it tonight?

The late David Bowie just won a posthumous award for Best Male Solo Artist.

A great honour for the music legend. It was well deserved.
GM
GMc
Ant & Dec were never going to present this year's ceremony. Michael Buble was the original presenter for this year, but due to personal reasons, he had to pull out.
bilky asko, Rijowhi and bkman1990 gave kudos
AG
AxG
ITV just got interesting.
bkman1990 and madmusician gave kudos
MA
madmusician
Yeah, WTF was that?! I was expecting a back-ref from Emma Wills but nothing!
DV
dvboy
Apparently it is something to do with the music video for the song.
BK
bkman1990
GMc posted:
Ant & Dec were never going to present this year's ceremony. Michael Buble was the original presenter for this year, but due to personal reasons, he had to pull out.

Oh dear. My sincere apologies for that for not highlighting that earlier. I will wish him all the best regarding his recent trouble.

There will be a live tribute from the BRITS for the late George Michael coming up after the break.

Any idea on who is doing his personal tribute on stage?
VM
VMPhil
dvboy posted:
Apparently it is something to do with the music video for the song.

Might want to take a look at this:

https://youtu.be/FSnAllHtG70?t=3m12s
AN
Andrew Founding member

Ant & Dec are not presenting the awards this year probably due to commitments for Saturday Night Takeaway.

The Brits are always on at the same time of year and Takeaway is always on at the same time of year.

Unless you have only watched a few years of Brits, it's is quite well known that the show has constantly changing hosts, and it is fairly rare to even host more than once. It's pretty much a different host every year, or at least every couple.
BK
bkman1990
What is with all the different names of people who passed away coming up on screen at once? It looked odd & very short & sweet.

Why has David Bowie's name appeared again. I have no idea in how that happened.
JA
james-2001
Apart from when James Corden *shudders* did it 4 years running.
Lottie Long-Legs and bkman1990 gave kudos
JA
james-2001
Why has David Bowie's name appeared again. I have no idea in how that happened.

Yes, wasn't he covered in last year's show? No need to feature him again when it's nearly 14 months since he died.

And on that subject- Andrew Ridgeley really hasn't aged well, has he?
BK
bkman1990
That tirbute was done well for George Michael tonight. Rest in Peace & don't worry George; You're loved. Sad

Newer posts