TV Home Forum

ITV Idents (Post Christmas)

(January 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Nothing today, or indeed yesterday after the racing. I wonder if ITV4 will have anything special for the next couple of Saturdays?

I would be very surprised if there not at least one new, especial since it has a few programmes on ITV4. Maybe the horse idents will appear next Saturday and said jct the CA will tell viewers there live horse racing over on ITV4..... etc?
A former member
You have to give credit for this HD Thames London sky-line re-creation this afternoon...

http://www.theidentgallery.com/misc/misc/ITV-2017-ID-MANDW-1.mp4

41 days later

AE
AlexEdohHD13
After weeks of Upscaled HD Idents (and Presentation). ITV Showed the 'Fish Landing' ident in Native HD (sorry it's incomplete).
AE
AlexEdohHD13
...and now back to Upscaled SD idents.
PF
PFML84
ITV 2 play out SD idents on ITV 2 HD and it is rather noticeable when a break bumper is in SD (why?) and then switches to HD for the upcoming promo and the difference is very clear. I thought on these HD channels everything was in HD and downscaled for SD? So why are they showing a mix of SD and HD graphics?
AE
AlexEdohHD13
ITV 2 play out SD idents on ITV 2 HD and it is rather noticeable when a break bumper is in SD (why?) and then switches to HD for the upcoming promo and the difference is very clear. I thought on these HD channels everything was in HD and downscaled for SD? So why are they showing a mix of SD and HD graphics?

Okay, Native and Upscaled HD programming I understand, but Upscaled HD graphics? You have got to be joking.
DB
dbl
ITV uses Clarity for their continuity graphics (i.e. automated ECP, Menus, Pointers, IPPs), so that is in HD. Idents & bumpers still seem to be upscaled, however, promos only recently made the switch to HD in the past few months.*

UTV's idents are in HD though.

*Promo was cut in HD, but played out in upscaled SD.
Last edited by dbl on 17 February 2017 3:16pm
AE
AlexEdohHD13
dbl posted:
ITV uses Clarity for their continuity graphics (i.e. automated ECP, Menus, Pointers, IPPs), so that is in HD. Idents & bumpers still seem to be upscaled, however, promos only recently made the switch to HD in the past few months.*

UTV's idents are in HD though.

*Promo was cut in HD, but played out in upscaled SD.

Yeah, I've noticed.
AE
AlexEdohHD13
Another upscaled SD ident. (Why?)
A former member
It occurs on STV as well. Often you see the SD variants of their idents upscaled on the HD channel, even though they do have HD versions to play out.
AE
AlexEdohHD13
It occurs on STV as well. Often you see the SD variants of their idents upscaled on the HD channel, even though they do have HD versions to play out.

Yeah, why does it keep happening? (BBC One played an upscaled SD apprentice sting on HD).
AE
AlexEdohHD13
Good News - A Native HD promo for the Nightly Show aired on ITV HD (with upscaled SD ident unfortunately).

Newer posts