TV Home Forum

BBC One 2016

Split from BBC One Christmas 2015 (January 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jon
Crap isn't a rude word.
ST
steddenm
No I know that but some people still do find it offensive.
LL
Larry the Loafer
I'm sure the people who'll find it offensive are capable of finding it offensive for themselves.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Did Tomasz Schafernacker just say a rude word (crap) on the Countryfile weather?

It must be at least 2 weeks since he was last in the papers, so he's well over due.

10 days later

AN
Andrew Founding member
I know it's not unheard of but I was still surprised to see that The Moorside was an ITV Studios production for the BBC. A high profile prime time slot and using the main ITV Studios brand doesn't happen every day.

Quite. A good touch that the ITV News van in the background used the logo as was in use at that time.

I'm surprised they didn't get Christa Ackroyd in to play a news reporter.
LL
London Lite Founding member
I know it's not unheard of but I was still surprised to see that The Moorside was an ITV Studios production for the BBC. A high profile prime time slot and using the main ITV Studios brand doesn't happen every day.

Quite. A good touch that the ITV News van in the background used the logo as was in use at that time.

I'm surprised they didn't get Christa Ackroyd in to play a news reporter.

I think they got the NC clock in the right place for 2008 as well.
BR
Brekkie
A high profile prime time slot and using the main ITV Studios brand doesn't happen every day.

It probably near enough does actually, or certainly every week.
CR
Critique
Are you sure? From what I saw they used something close to a recreation of the current graphics:

They also used some fake news graphics which I believe were from the iMovie News theme!
KN
knack
Are you sure? From what I saw they used something close to a recreation of the current graphics:

They also used some fake news graphics which I believe were from the iMovie News theme!

Just had a look at iMovie and this these graphics are indeed from the news theme.
These are the graphics London Lite refers to:
CR
Critique
How strange that they recreated two different styles of BBC News graphics, one set from the era the programme is set, and the other from the present-day!

Newer posts