TV Home Forum

Sky's Branding

(October 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DE
derek500
I assume the service barely profits from its customers, considering you can't buy films in HD, the quality of the films are just appaling and they have no relationship with On Demand what so ever! If anything, they should just bring back Sky Cinema Box Office

From Sky's latest results:-

Built our transactional business to a 30% share of the UK digital market

18% increase in revenue from transactional business driven by launch of box sets within Sky Store Buy &
Keep

Record weekly revenue generated by Sky Store over Christmas, totalling £4 million; Sky Store regularly taking more than 50% share of digital sales for new movie release titles
YG
Yandere Gaming
I assume the service barely profits from its customers, considering you can't buy films in HD, the quality of the films are just appaling and they have no relationship with On Demand what so ever! If anything, they should just bring back Sky Cinema Box Office

18% increase in revenue from transactional business driven by launch of box sets within Sky Store Buy &
Keep

Record weekly revenue generated by Sky Store over Christmas, totalling £4 million; Sky Store regularly taking more than 50% share of digital sales for new movie release titles

Seems Sky Store is doing better than I originally thought but the idea of having a Sky Cinema Box Office, for me anyway, just makes more sense.

I still don't see why Sky Store isn't yet sporting the new logo properly. I saw a Sky Store advert a few days ago using the old logo but the ad had a new "Sky Customers - More info on Sky Store" banner (Like Sky Cinema and Sky Sports) and it had the new Sky Store logo. Talk about a lack of effort!
Last edited by Yandere Gaming on 7 February 2017 6:31pm
RE
Rex

Keep

Seems Sky Store is doing better than I originally thought but the idea of having a Sky Cinema Box Office, for me anyway, just makes more sense.

I still don't see why Sky Store isn't yet sporting the new logo properly. I saw a Sky Store advert a few days ago using the old logo but the ad had a new "Sky Customers - More info on Sky Store" banner (Like Sky Cinema and Sky Sports) and it had the new Sky Store logo. Talk about a lack of effort!

For SD Sky boxes though - even though the great majority of Sky subscribers have a Sky+HD box.

There can't be that many SD boxes to even justify the continuation of the Box Office channels - it was at a point where the cost to run all of those PPV channels was more than the revenue it made - which has fell for a while.

Viewership had declined as Sky began to push the Sky Store service - which is more widely accessible and is more likely to bring in a revenue stream for Sky.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Sky Store is also pushed to NOW TV customers via the cheap black box and Smart Box who can use the same Sky ID to purchase films.
JF
JetixFann450
What even is the new Sky Store logo? I can't seem to find it, all I can find is the old one.
JA
JAS84
It's not a major change.
http://logos.wikia.com/wiki/Sky_Store
TT
TellyTime
JAS84 posted:
It's not a major change.

I can't believe someone described that as being a new logo!
JO
Josh
JAS84 posted:
It's not a major change.

All they did was change the shadow location! Rolling Eyes
RE
Rex
JAS84 posted:
It's not a major change.

Not much different - it's essentially bringing Sky Store into line with the streamlined, consistent package that was gradually implemented for some time last year.
LL
Larry the Loafer
A package that was hardly worth implementing, to be fair.
JA
JAS84
Yeah - you probably saw the "new" logo and just didn't notice.
TM
tmorgan96
Sky obviously putting their subscriber pounds to good use! Very Happy

Newer posts