The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast

From 6am (April 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Andrew Founding member
Sally is always on hand on those occasions, I wonder what would have happened if Mike Bushell had been on shift.
ST
Stuart
Sally is always on hand on those occasions, I wonder what would have happened if Mike Bushell had been on shift.

I suspect they would have pulled in Ben Thompson from Business, as he often covers on Sundays.

9 days later

ST
Stuart
Slightly related . . . Naga Munchetty isn't due back from Newsnight until May, and I think Steph McGovern is settling in rather well as temporary co-host with Charlie Stayt on the Thursday-Saturday shift. I wonder whether this could be a more permanent change?

I like Naga, I think she's an excellent presenter. She seems to be working her way through a 'bucket list' of presenting at just about every time of the day. Very Happy

She's done The World Today, Breakfast, Victoria Derbyshire, Working Lunch, and now Newsnight. I think she's only missing a mid-evening programme on the BBC to complete her list. Laughing
CH
chris
Did Naga relocate or is she based in London? If the latter then you might be on to something.
ST
Stuart
chris posted:
Did Naga relocate or is she based in London? If the latter then you might be on to something.

According to her Twitter account she's London based, and I have a feeling that's always been the case. She also presented Sunday Morning Live, which is from London while covering her role on Breakfast.
AS
AlexS
These tweets would seem to suggest that Sally is taking over from Steph as Naga's cover from the beginning of March. This would also make sense as Ben Bland is leaving the BBC at the end of Feb which could require Ben Thompson being back in London.

LX
lxflyer
I think you've the wrong end of the stick - Ben Bland said he was going freelance so that he can still present on BBC News/BBC World News rather than go back to his role at BBC Cambridge.
JW
JamesWorldNews
I think you've the wrong end of the stick - Ben Bland said he was going freelance so that he can still present on BBC News/BBC World News rather than go back to his role at BBC Cambridge.

Correct! And what an excellent presenter he is, in fact.

On the Naga front, she's only recently become an official presenter on Breakfast. I would be surprised if she was replaced this soon, especially given the London rosters are saturated at the moment. Plenty of capacity.

40 days later

BA
bilky asko
Live from Westminster today with Charlie Stayt and Sally Nugent, Katherine Downes in the studio with other headlines and sport. They seem to have struck the right tone.
lxflyer and Custard56 gave kudos
GE
thegeek Founding member
Chris Fawkes' forecast wasn't quite ready, so some good filling over a nice shot of Salford Quays.

Rolling News and watchingtv gave kudos
LX
lxflyer
Chris Fawkes' forecast wasn't quite ready, so some good filling over a nice shot of Salford Quays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypYaFxGb0bw

Fair dues to Charlie for being honest about why it was happening - they did very well!!

12 days later

NT
NewbieTvFan
Does Charlie Stayt live up north or down south? Hell of a lot of traveling if he lives down south as he seems to cover quite a lot of shifts.

Newer posts