TV Home Forum

TV Forum Meetup! - THE RESULTS

I'm thinking of having a get together, what do you think? (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
JAS84
Doesn't Bradford have a National Museum of Film, Photography, and Television? They used to have a replica TV-am studio there, as I recall, though that would be over 20 years ago. Anyway, I think that's the closest thing we probably have to the Newseum.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
That was actually a regional contribution studio rather than a replica. Later used by Nickelodeon of all people. It used to be used by Bradford Uni but it might not be now they have their HD scanner.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Was the space perhaps included in the sale to MTV Networks?

The actual sofa used to be in the Museum of the Moving Image on the South Bank but I guess it's in storage somewhere now.
JB
JasonB
Was the space perhaps included in the sale to MTV Networks?

The actual sofa used to be in the Museum of the Moving Image on the South Bank but I guess it's in storage somewhere now.

I remember visiting there as a kid. I randomly remember them playing an episode of Neighbours in one of their displays.
RJ
RJG
Crinkly Bottom?

Speak for yourself!
AN
Andrew Founding member
That was actually a regional contribution studio rather than a replica. Later used by Nickelodeon of all people. It used to be used by Bradford Uni but it might not be now they have their HD scanner.

Despite having a studio and recruiting a Bradford based presenter and having loads of cupboards with wires and plugs, it never once made it to air neither live nor in any pre recorded packages I don't think.

That floor is no longer on public view since the museum was remodelled as the National Media Museum. I haven't been in many years but in the late 90s the TV exhibits were stuck in about 1986.
JB
JasonB
How about The Big Breakfast house? I'm sure the owner wouldn't mind!
BA
Bail Moderator
Last edited by Bail on 3 February 2017 11:51am
WO
Worzel
Bail posted:

One of the most entertaining posts i've seen on here in a while. Laughing
MR
mr_vivian
Bail posted:

Top marks for effort. I may have another excuse to come to Manchester this year
MY
MY83
Bail posted:

Top marks for effort. I may have another excuse to come to Manchester this year

I really hate people who quote long image-filled posts for short spurious replies..... oh wait...... Embarassed
SC
Si-Co
Sounds fab!!

Newer posts