TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MO
Moz
The Circles version of the BBC One HD regional news holding slide seems to have reappeared tonight, a mistake presumably.

Praise the Lord! I can only presume they've had tons of complaints about the new one, or someone who's senior at the Beeb has been so pissed off with it themselves they've had it changed.
WI
Wicko
The Circles version of the BBC One HD regional news holding slide seems to have reappeared tonight, a mistake presumably.

Airing as of time of writing.
Has someone realised some sense? Because it's clear that some people aren't keen on the new holding slide that debuted along with the 'Oneness' idents.

But either way, it's jut hammering on the notion that there is absolutely no confidence on this new set. Speaking of new idents, February is approaching, meaning that there could be some new Oneness idents.

I'm betting that Circles reappears on Wednesday. "A month long project for January" with the "Oneness theme" appearing throughout 2017.

Although, all they had to do was to add the mountain rescue and wheelchair rugby idents to the HD slide.
Last edited by Wicko on 29 January 2017 11:29pm
RI
Richard
Moz posted:

Praise the Lord! I can only presume they've had tons of complaints about the new one, or someone who's senior at the Beeb has been so pissed off with it themselves they've had it changed.

If it's the regional news holding slide you're talking about, I doubt they've had any complaints.
IS
Inspector Sands

If it's the regional news holding slide you're talking about, I doubt they've had any complaints.

The main issue people seem to have with it from what I've seen is the change in audio rather than the visuals.

I'm sure some of those complaints have made it to the BBC
RE
Rex

The main issue people seem to have with it from what I've seen is the change in audio rather than the visuals.

I'm sure some of those complaints have made it to the BBC

Yes - the circles slide seemed peaceful and soothing, whereas the Oneness slide was to many, quite irritating audibly. Exercise Class could have carried the bulk of this issue considering how loud that was. The main issue there.

Wicko posted:

Airing as of time of writing.
Has someone realised some sense? Because it's clear that some people aren't keen on the new holding slide that debuted along with the 'Oneness' idents.

But either way, it's jut hammering on the notion that there is absolutely no confidence on this new set. Speaking of new idents, February is approaching, meaning that there could be some new Oneness idents.

I'm betting that Circles reappears on Wednesday. "A month long project for January" with the "Oneness theme" appearing throughout 2017.

Although, all they had to do was to add the mountain rescue and wheelchair rugby idents to the HD slide.

I doubt the circles are coming back in February. Didn't they make a fuss of it when the Oneness set launched this month? Reverting back to a previous set is the last thing they need - as we saw with BBC TWO in 2014/15.

If it ever happens - I can't expect the BBC to go back on their word, and they're left with two pres packages that preceded the Circles package to use as a stopgap.
LL
Larry the Loafer
I was quite happy to leave BBC One HD on at 6:30 if it was on in the background as the ambient noises were quite relaxing. What you have now is a period of silence interspersed with a period of bland music with people shouting over it. It's beyond annoying and makes me more likely to switch over to find something else and not return to BBC One at 7pm like they'd want me to.
MA
Markymark
I was quite happy to leave BBC One HD on at 6:30 if it was on in the background as the ambient noises were quite relaxing. What you have now is a period of silence interspersed with a period of bland music with people shouting over it. It's beyond annoying and makes me more likely to switch over to find something else and not return to BBC One at 7pm like they'd want me to.

Yea but, isn't the red caption of death only there until 18:35, the other 20-25 mins is a barrage of trailers ?
TM
tmorgan96

Yea but, isn't the red caption of death only there until 18:35, the other 20-25 mins is a barrage of trailers ?

Nope, its 30 minutes of red screen.
JC
JCB

Rolling Eyes This thread gets dumber by the day.
LL
Larry the Loafer
You're welcome.
BE
Bert75
It would be great if the circle idents came back but we probably stuck with these ones for many years to come
IS
Inspector Sands
Quote:

Nope, its 30 minutes of red screen.

Last time I saw it there was a 'this is bbc1' style barker for the second 15 mins
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 30 January 2017 8:36pm

Newer posts