TV Home Forum

BBC loses Great British Bake Off

UPDATE: Mel and Sue quit as hosts (September 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JC
JCB
Probably won't be too long now then until Alan Carr is announced as host?. Well CH4 seem to be throwing everything else at him these days.
IS
Inspector Sands
Other than the recasting issues I doubt it has affected them - surely any lockdown is about the broadcast rather than making the show.

Depends when they normally start doing auditions and when they hire in the crews and resources. I assume it's been filmed in the spring/early summer, they might have had aot of that sorted by now. If they weren't sure they were even going to show it this year they might just be starting all that

20 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
Former Great British Menu judge Prue Leith is to step into Mary Berry’s shoes on Channel 4’s Great British Bake Off, according to reports.

(Broadcast headline)
HC
Hatton Cross
Given Prue stepped down from judging on 'The Great British Menu' at the end of the last series (a pretty shrewd move as that show has, in recent series become a treadmill parody of itself), I have wondered how long before stories of her being tentbound would be.

Not a bad shout. Continues with the Paul Hollywood and 'matriarchral' female dynamic.
CA
Cando
She left Great British Menu to judge the C4 version of My Kitchen Rules. Which has already aired and flopped.
BR
Brekkie
Flopped yet somehow got a second series.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Prue Leith is being tipped to replace Mary Berry on the C4 version.
DE
deejay
If true, that's a very good appointment in my opinion.

Newer posts