« Topics
Le Neko55 posts since 29 Aug 2016
Here comes a lot of DIN, with a newscast from the defunct local French television channel TéléToulouse (TLT) in 2012.

Those are the headlines… God I wish they weren't.
WW Update3,560 posts since 6 Feb 2007
Ugh. I never liked Euronews-style newscasts without anchors. They always look like a bunch of reports thrown together without any "glue" to join them into a single program.
Le Neko and uktvwatcher gave kudos
London Lite6,943 posts since 4 Jan 2003
London London
Ugh. I never liked Euronews-style newscasts without anchors. They always look like a bunch of reports thrown together without any "glue" to join them into a single program.

It's similar to France 3's 'Edition des Régions' which goes out on platforms that don't have the regional feeds. Still better than BBC One HD's filler during regional bulletins.

Here's an edition from 2014.

Rkolsen and WW Update gave kudos
Le Neko55 posts since 29 Aug 2016

It's a bit sad indeed. However French local channels often run on low budgets, so this is quite commonplace across French local channels.

Some channel do nice efforts, though. For example, TV7 Bordeaux, still airing.

Those are the headlines… God I wish they weren't.
WW Update gave kudos
BBI45162 posts since 2 Aug 2015
Central (East) East Midlands Today
I love how "restrainted" the NHK World set is. Because some of their domestic sets are "sommat else" Whew!

Yep - and most native Japanese studios are lit to within an inch of their lives...

そうですね。(はい、これは日本語です。)

Some videos included are outdated, but they are all still decent.

And here is an example from TV Tokyo (look for the blooper in the top left at 0:33)
Last edited by BBI45 on 24 January 2017 4:21pm
My name is Ewan. DON'T EVER CALL ME EWE. IF YOU DO... I WILL FIND YOU... AND I WILL KILL YOU (jk, but seriously, don't).
dvboy8,136 posts since 11 Jan 2003
Central (West) Midlands Today

It's a bit sad indeed. However French local channels often run on low budgets, so this is quite commonplace across French local channels.

Some channel do nice efforts, though. For example, TV7 Bordeaux, still airing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF5HwDQCi_Y

Something that the local stations here could learn from.
BBI45162 posts since 2 Aug 2015
Central (East) East Midlands Today
NHK Newsline, the news bulletin of Japan's NHK World TV, has just rebranded with a new intro and theme.

I first saw it used in November. It was likely launched before then.

Edit: This video was uploaded in October.
My name is Ewan. DON'T EVER CALL ME EWE. IF YOU DO... I WILL FIND YOU... AND I WILL KILL YOU (jk, but seriously, don't).
ADmanamDA gave kudos