The Newsroom

ITV News: Rotas & Presenters

(July 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
Barney
Does anybody know if Lucy Meacock is still on the weekend rota?

She hasn't appeared since May 2015 AFAIK, ITV Wales presenter Jonathan Hill is on tonight.

He only did the teatime bulletin. Tom is doing the late bulletin from the US.

First time Tom has done a Saturday, he's did a Sunday late, back in November 2015, wonder if he'll be back tomorrow, doe's Tom have sort of phobia of evenings - lol.
BR
Brekkie
I think like Mark Austin before him Tom Bradby thrives when out on location and seems much more comfortable than in the studio.
AN
Andrew Founding member
He said he's back tomorrow at 10pm as well.

If the ECP a is correct its Rageh Omaar at teatime, James Mates being in the U.S. so unavailable of course, with Duncan Golestani at lunchtime and at 9:25
AM
AMM
James Mates is in Moscow, giving the Russian perspective in his role as Europe editor, not U.S.
CH
chris
She hasn't appeared since May 2015 AFAIK, ITV Wales presenter Jonathan Hill is on tonight.

He only did the teatime bulletin. Tom is doing the late bulletin from the US.

First time Tom has done a Saturday, he's did a Sunday late, back in November 2015, wonder if he'll be back tomorrow, doe's Tom have sort of phobia of evenings - lol.

I think Tom did a weekend in the aftermath of terror attacks - perhaps Nice?
IT
itsrobert Founding member
I may be remembering this incorrectly, but wasn't it in the wake of the Paris attacks? I've a feeling that Mark Austin did the Saturday late bulletin and Tom Bradby did the Sunday late.
CH
chris
I may be remembering this incorrectly, but wasn't it in the wake of the Paris attacks? I've a feeling that Mark Austin did the Saturday late bulletin and Tom Bradby did the Sunday late.

Ah maybe you're right. I know Tom's definitely done a weekend bulletin, perhaps not a Saturday.
BA
Barney
chris posted:

Ah maybe you're right. I know Tom's definitely done a weekend bulletin, perhaps not a Saturday.

He never done an evening though. Duncan Gollestani just said Ragh Omaar is presenting tonight.
BR
Brekkie
It is almost as if something so newsworthy was happening yesterday that it justified ITV News using their senior presenter (who just happened to be on location) to present the weekend bulletins.

I suspect if tonights early bulletin was in the more regular 6.45pm slot Tom might front that to, but it is at 5.15pm.
BA
Barney
Wonder if Tom will be in Washington tomorrow, same goes for Mary.

13 days later

NE
newsman1
Robert Moore was a presenter on the ITN News Channel in the months after its launch (57 seconds into the following video):

BA
Barney
Robert Moore was a presenter on the ITN News Channel in the months after its launch (57 seconds into the following video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m8VbHLGgzE

Speaking of Robert Moore, lately he is reporting everyday now, due to the controversial Mr Trump, surprised ITV News haven't promoted him to the role of 'Donald Trump Correspondent', and ditched the role of Washington correspondent. 😂😂😂
cyberdude and newsman1 gave kudos

Newer posts