The Newsroom

ITV News: Rotas & Presenters

(July 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Agree. British television could very much do with something similar now which just cut through the crap and simply reported the news.
GL
globaltraffic24
Agree. British television could very much do with something similar now which just cut through the crap and simply reported the news.

Monocle Magazine has a great behind-the-scenes feature on Taggesschau and it highlights that it remains the top rated news programme in the world. Why? Because it cuts the temptation to editorialise and stylise its news. Something many broadcasters could learn a lesson from!

https://monocle.com/magazine/the-forecast/2017/our-top-story/
London Lite, cityprod and newsman1 gave kudos
AC
aconnell

Monocle Magazine has a great behind-the-scenes feature on Taggesschau and it highlights that it remains the top rated news programme in the world. Why? Because it cuts the temptation to editorialise and stylise its news. Something many broadcasters could learn a lesson from!

https://monocle.com/magazine/the-forecast/2017/our-top-story/

Well spotted. Thanks for sharing!
BA
Barney
Does anyone know if Geraint is no longer Middle East Correspondent , as on yesterday's EN, he gave info on the story about the body found in Sth Yorkshire, if he is currently based in London, could it be a possibility that he may be used as a relief presenter on weekends or in the week, if the newscaster is absent and he is there.
NE
newsman1
Does anyone know if Geraint is no longer Middle East Correspondent , as on yesterday's EN, he gave info on the story about the body found in Sth Yorkshire, if he is currently based in London, could it be a possibility that he may be used as a relief presenter on weekends or in the week, if the newscaster is absent and he is there.

The answer to your question is in a post made by AMM on the following page:

http://www.tvforum.co.uk/thenewsroom/itv-news-40571/page-75
BA
Barney
From watching ITV News programmes lately, it's gone very downhill in terms of content and presenting,
Mary just doesn't work as well on her own, Tom on NaT does however, as does Julie. Al and Nina are underused at the mo, maybe they might do a couple NAT's during the summer again, I'm sick of the sight of Charlene White & Kylie Pentelow, Steve Scott is another one of those who are underused as a presenter, however there are chances we might see Geraint given a go on the weekends at some point, as he in now based in London.
They now use the summary version of the soundtrack to end the programmes too.
JT
JamesTV
From watching ITV News programmes lately, it's gone very downhill in terms of content and presenting,
Mary just doesn't work as well on her own, Tom on NaT does however, as does Julie. Al and Nina are underused at the mo, maybe they might do a couple NAT's during the summer again, I'm sick of the sight of Charlene White & Kylie Pentelow, Steve Scott is another one of those who are underused as a presenter, however there are chances we might see Geraint given a go on the weekends at some point, as he in now based in London.

How can you be sick of the sight of Charlene and Kylie? They are brilliant presenters and are professional when presenting both regional and national bulletins.
LL
London Lite Founding member

How can you be sick of the sight of Charlene and Kylie? They are brilliant presenters and are professional when presenting both regional and national bulletins.

I wouldn't mind, unless you live in the West Country region, Kylie only pops up at least twice a month on a Saturday.
NI
Nicky

What a strange post. With the recent changes to single headed presentation we see even less of Charlene White and Kylie Pentelow than before, so I don't know how you're managing to be sick of the sight of them! For me Geraint Vincent looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights during his newscasting days so I'd rather not see him present again... all personal preference I suppose.

With regards to Mary going solo - I have to say it's really working a treat for me and the Evening News does feel very much Mary's, in the same way News at Ten is Tom Bradby's bulletin.
BS
Ben Shatliff
Does anybody know if Lucy Meacock is still on the weekend rota?
BA
Barney

She hasn't appeared since May 2015 AFAIK, ITV Wales presenter Jonathan Hill is on tonight.
GM
Gary McEwan

She hasn't appeared since May 2015 AFAIK, ITV Wales presenter Jonathan Hill is on tonight.

He only did the teatime bulletin. Tom is doing the late bulletin from the US.

Newer posts