TV Home Forum

GMTV of the 1993-2003

Ten years of classic GMTV (May 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Andrew Founding member
Quite odd how Top of the Morning started at 9 and was only 25 minutes long, hardly worth bothering
IT
IndigoTucker
Just After Nine, by any other name.
TL
toby lerone 2016
Tried to find clips of this but Eamonn and Anthea kissed and made up actually on BBC Northern Ireland in 2009 on The Friday Show which was a bit like a Northern Irish version of Saturday Night Takeaway which disappeared after one series, she also appeared on This Morning with Eamonn & Ruth over the summer.
RD
RDJ
She appeared on This Morning in April 2009 for her exit interview off Hell's Kitchen.
I remember quite vividly Eamonn being quite over friendly with Anthea and Ruth keeping very quiet.
MA
mannewskev
Anthea was on This Morning the other week with Eamonn and Ruth.
NB
nbafan89
Although the 1998 titles were great,the golden era in terms of presenters and the show being at the top of its game probably came slightly later. You still had the back end of the cheesy Anthea Turner/Ross KellyyMatthew Lorezo kind of era at that point.

Although, the plan had been for the 1996 relaunch in September (when the titles made their debut) to be the end of Anthea's stint... contractual reasons meant that she continued until the end of the year.

Talking of which, this clip of Anthea's final show has appeared. Notice Eamonn's dash off set at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjhFlMEeiJY

and anthea mentioned that moment where eamonn walked off set in her autobiography

98 days later

:-(
A former member
Here some more nice clips

at the start, I wonder if that was pushed in?

Last edited by A former member on 19 January 2017 5:07pm
WH
Whataday Founding member
Although the 1998 titles were great,the golden era in terms of presenters and the show being at the top of its game probably came slightly later. You still had the back end of the cheesy Anthea Turner/Ross KellyyMatthew Lorezo kind of era at that point.

Although, the plan had been for the 1996 relaunch in September (when the titles made their debut) to be the end of Anthea's stint... contractual reasons meant that she continued until the end of the year.

Talking of which, this clip of Anthea's final show has appeared. Notice Eamonn's dash off set at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjhFlMEeiJY

and anthea mentioned that moment where eamonn walked off set in her autobiography

Eamonn maintains he had a flight to catch as it was Christmas Eve and he was returning home to his family.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Tried to find clips of this but Eamonn and Anthea kissed and made up actually on BBC Northern Ireland in 2009 on The Friday Show which was a bit like a Northern Irish version of Saturday Night Takeaway which disappeared after one series, she also appeared on This Morning with Eamonn & Ruth over the summer.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/11/06/article-1225906-071E4980000005DC-268_468x329.jpg
NB
nbafan89

why is there a watching video in the gmtv thread?
WH
Whataday Founding member
I fully sympathise with you not being able to sit through the opening sequence of Watching, but once it's over, the first scene has a 1993 GMTV ident on the TV.

It does look somewhat crow-barred in and these days we would just assume it was product placement.

As an aside, isn't it amazing how so many ITV sitcoms ran for years and years... and yet only fondly remembered by about three people?
:-(
A former member
I do wonder why that was crow-barred in. It just seems weird.

Newer posts