TV Home Forum

Freeview channels thread

CBS, horror, DMAX, Blaze, Food network, Yourtv etc : IF It's MAJOR Change start a new thread. (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Its seems movies 4 men has some special branding, promos, stings etc ( no idea if there an ident yet) for "Military 4 men" https://up.metropol247.co.uk/barcode/movies4men-20170119-1557.mts

I think the next film is at 9pm tonight. There is also Sy-fi Saturdays aswell from 06.35am

##########################################################

P8: Covers CBS Action getting the new branding
P10: is for 2018 onwards
P18: is 2019 Onwards

Thread does not cover:

Quest: See here: https://www.tvforum.co.uk/tvhome/quest-42275/
Tru TV troubles: https://www.tvforum.co.uk/tvhome/turner-eyes-rescue-deal-trutv-42278/
Last edited by A former member on 15 September 2019 9:10am - 6 times in total
IN
Interceptor
High end Very Happy
JO
Jonny
"It's far down the menu, past the 9s. Past the fishing ****, but before the Welsh stuff."
A former member
Is there a new campaign for blaze?

NE
Neil__

"Real people"?

As opposed to all those fake peole who watch other channels?
RE
Rex
Movies4Men is decent. Not high end though to be fair.

If we're talking about high-end, the likes of BBC FOUR, ITV2/3/4, E4, More4, Dave, 5USA, Challenge, Pick and a few more would suffice.
MC
mccanmat

I just had to scroll through freeview to refresh my memory of Blaze...I remember why I don't bother with it...filled it episodes of Pawn Stars!
RE
Rex

I just had to scroll through freeview to refresh my memory of Blaze...I remember why I don't bother with it...filled it episodes of Pawn Stars!

The content is decent for what is, a shop window for History and CI, and it's getting a bit better with Vikings airing next month.

At least it's better than TruTV and YourTV. Laughing
A former member
If we're talking about high-end, the likes of BBC FOUR, ITV2/3/4, E4, More4, Dave, 5USA, Challenge, Pick and a few more would suffice.

I go by the fact its below channel 50 Wink there alot of crap the lower down you go.

Quote:

The content is decent for what is, a shop window for History and CI, and it's getting a bit better with Vikings airing next month.

Good to hear its getting more content, maybe a new ident? yes Tru and your are dire and need to be killed off.
JA
james-2001
"Real people"?

As opposed to all those fake peole who watch other channels?

Fake people, like fake news. It's Trump TV... or as it's known, Russia Today.
RE
Rex

I go by the fact its below channel 50 Wink there alot of crap the lower down you go.

Quote:

Good to hear its getting more content, maybe a new ident? yes Tru and your are dire and need to be killed off.

*puts on Attenborough's voice*
Down on the depths of LCN 50, here we have EPG squats, crime channels showing the same crap over and over, with the odd good channel...

I wonder what craze was worse in the history of Freeview - The Quiz TV craze, EPG Squats of Shame, Dial-A-Tart S***e or the Crime Channel Onslaught. Shopping channels have been the source of vitriol for wasting Freeview space, though it's not as bad as the crazes carried out by scheming broadcasters...

As for TruTV, let's hope that either it closes (worst case scenario, the space is given to a shopping channel), or a top media company actually buys it, and overhauls it to bits. From what I've heard, Virgin Media are in the running, but I'd take it as a grain of salt.
A former member
It seem Movies 4 men has a Sy-fi Saturdays sting, I would be surprised if there wasn't a western Sunday sting tomorrow.

Newer posts