The Newsroom

The new NEW Central West and BBC Midlands thread

(January 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NB
NicB1971
1994 West - is that the one with the orange wordmarque flying over the marble backdrop? That was classic, it was by Tom Blades (as was the 97 piece, and I've yet to find it on library. There are very similar pieces by Tom Blades from the same period. Random fact, the full theme is used on a educational video for high school children about the production of a news programme. Find that incredibly rare VHS tape, and you are laughing.

Arrow
InidigoTucker, yes you described the correct titles. Thanks for the useful info and identifying the composer. Looks like it's one I'm going to have a gap in my library as it sounds like it's an impossible mission Crying or Very sad
HC
Hatton Cross
Well, Team Spirit is out there - look on the UPPM website, and drill down - but having just heard 'Team Spirt', it's a proper custom variant that Central got alright.

Fleeting elements of the original library music, but it sounds nothing like the lighter version that top and tailed Central News 'back in the day'.
NB
NicB1971
1994 West - is that the one with the orange wordmarque flying over the marble backdrop? That was classic, it was by Tom Blades (as was the 97 piece, and I've yet to find it on library. There are very similar pieces by Tom Blades from the same period. Random fact, the full theme is used on a educational video for high school children about the production of a news programme. Find that incredibly rare VHS tape, and you are laughing.

Arrow
InidigoTucker, yes you described the correct titles. Thanks for the useful info and identifying the composer. Looks like it's one I'm going to have a gap in my library as it sounds like it's an impossible mission Crying or Very sad

Well, I'm still baffled. No idea what the video title of the elusive educational video is called nor whether the '94 theme exists. I didn't think it was Tom Blades but I'm no expert on news themes. I'm doomed but I'm persistent.
MW
Mike W
Sorry to ask on here but has anyone got a clean copy of the 1994 theme to Central News (West) please; if it is library can someone DM me details? It's one of a couple I'm missing. BBC Midlands Today over the years seem a bit easier to acquire. If anyone is stuck for anything else let me know and I'll see what I can find. Many thanks. PS Don't have a go at me for posting on this page - I tried on Requests but had no help. Embarassed

Best I can do you
NicB1971, Lou Scannon and fanoftv gave kudos

44 days later

DS
DarthSidious
Just a few notes from Central:

Yesterday, they referred to the channel as ITV1 while advertising an upcoming programme, to add, they could not find a logo (obviously) so they also wrote on the strap 'itv1' as well as speaking it.

And today, they referred to the news as 'ITV News ON Central'.
MW
Mike W

Yesterday, they referred to the channel as ITV1 while advertising an upcoming programme, to add, they could not find a logo (obviously) so they also wrote on the strap 'itv1' as well as speaking it.

Old habits die hard...
'Good Morning from the Central ITV Newsroom' has been heard a few times during GMTV, err GMB!
KE
kernow

Old habits die hard...
'Good Morning from the Central ITV Newsroom' has been heard a few times during GMTV, err GMB!

That sort of thing doesn't sound unusual.

I'm in the Meridian region, and have heard things like "ITV News from Meridian" and other references to "Meridian" (rather than "ITV Meridian")

I'm sure similar things happen in other regions.
AN
Andrew Founding member
That sounds like the official way of saying it, they wouldn't say ITV News from ITV Meridian.
KE
kernow
Technically, the official way of saying it is "ITV News Meridian", which they do says sometimes.
LL
London Lite Founding member
London has "the ITV News in London"
RD
RDJ
Does anyone know where Bob has gone?

I'm guessing he may just on an extended holiday as it was his 70th a few months back. It's just he's been off the screens for coming up to nearly a month now.
NB
NicB1971
Sorry to ask on here but has anyone got a clean copy of the 1994 theme to Central News (West) please; if it is library can someone DM me details? It's one of a couple I'm missing. BBC Midlands Today over the years seem a bit easier to acquire. If anyone is stuck for anything else let me know and I'll see what I can find. Many thanks. PS Don't have a go at me for posting on this page - I tried on Requests but had no help. Embarassed

Best I can do you

MIKE W - THANK YOU, THANK YOU! If you were a woman I'd kiss you Laughing Thumbs up

Newer posts