The Newsroom

ITV News

Split from ITV News 2013 Rebrand (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
newsman1
Did you all get that completely generic report about 'snow on the way' on your regional news tonight?

A report from an unidentifiable gritter depot, generic scenes of snowy motorways and an interview with a man captioned only as "A councillor"

You can usually notice the syndicated content as they end 'Lauren Hall, ITV News' but this one was particularly noticeable.

Surprisingly she name checked "the Calendar region" at the start of our report, normally her reports are just completely generic and contain no reference to the regions they go out to. Regarding that awful "Calendar region" phrase, it seems that tonight's edition was a game of who could mention it the most; nearly every report or link used it at some point.

She should have said "the ITV Yorkshire region".
SP
Steve in Pudsey
"The Calendar Region" is used to appease the good people of Lincolnshire and North Derbyshire who don't like being told they are in Yorkshire
BW
BroadcastWales
Since the evning news has gone solo the directors used different camera angles which are interesting. As has already been mentioned they also now use the big News at Ten screen. Maybe they are trying out new shots as they might update the virtual set to match News at Ten.
NE
newsman1
Since the evning news has gone solo the directors used different camera angles which are interesting. As has already been mentioned they also now use the big News at Ten screen. Maybe they are trying out new shots as they might update the virtual set to match News at Ten .

I recall that they did that in February 2009 - the year after News at Ten returned.
BB
BBI45
"The Calendar Region" is used to appease the good people of Lincolnshire and North Derbyshire who don't like being told they are in Yorkshire

Should be North East Derbyshire. North West Derbyshire gets a choice of up to four regional services while North East Derbyshire can't receive ITV Central because... Derbyshire has to be awkward and hilly (and I don't help by watching West Country and Wales! via Satellite. Obviously!).
SP
Steve in Pudsey
That sounds about right - basically Chesterfield
BR
Brekkie
A sting used into the break tonight rather than a wide shot of the studio.
TV
TVViewer256
Sadly Alistair Stewart isn't doing and more ITV evening news anytime soon
BR
Brekkie

Source? He is down to do Friday, but that may be a default listing rather than accurate info.
TV
TVViewer256

Source? He is down to do Friday, but that may be a default listing rather than accurate info.

I asked him on twitter. It said he was doing Friday last week as well but it was Charlene White instead
JK
JKDerry
Does anyone know if there are changes going to be made to ITV News soon, as I was watching the Evening News just now and does anyone notice the look of it felt a bit different? Very close up camera shots of Mary, the opening panning of the programme felt as if they have moved into a small studio and the look just felt to me that they have moved out of Studio 2, maybe in time for a new look next week? Just my thoughts, wonder what people think?
DS
DarthSidious
Does anyone know if there are changes going to be made to ITV News soon, as I was watching the Evening News just now and does anyone notice the look of it felt a bit different? Very close up camera shots of Mary, the opening panning of the programme felt as if they have moved into a small studio and the look just felt to me that they have moved out of Studio 2, maybe in time for a new look next week? Just my thoughts, wonder what people think?

I think they're just trying to be a little more creative in an uninspiring set.

Newer posts