TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BO
Bongo
These idents are a poor imitation of the Rythm and movement idents. Put the red drapes up in the dance hall, a bit mor red in the wheelchair rugby one and have the mountain folk do tai chi and flip them upside down, add the catchy jingle and there you go.

I also think that part of the problem is that they launched with 2 of the weaker ones of the set. Mountain rescue and the Wheelchair rugby one are the better of the four.
WI
Wicko
So basically this ident set is so much of a mess they've had to pull out the obituary ident for regular use into news and serious programming after less than 2 weeks?

They never officially said that "Forest" was an obituary ident. Insiders suggested it was, but they haven't really had to save face because 99.9% of viewers wouldn't notice anything amiss in the first place. All the BBC said is that new idents would be added gradually. I do agree with you though.
JO
Jonny
If you zoom in enough, you can just about see this:
https://up.metropol247.co.uk/scottishtv/through_the_mist.jpg

And here's the proof...

RO
Rofters
One thing to note, where's the Oneness strap?

Yes, that's a good point. Noticed it wasn't used in the ident as I was editing my uploads.

It's probably the serious ident just in case.
WM
WMD
So, after the hypothesising that Forest had become the ident of choice into BBC News and current affairs programming, none of the nations and regions used it into the One today. Network and several regions still using Swimmers, with Mountain Rescue in other regions.
RE
Rex
WMD posted:
So, after the hypothesising that Forest had become the ident of choice into BBC News and current affairs programming, none of the nations and regions used it into the One today. Network and several regions still using Swimmers, with Mountain Rescue in other regions.

For nations - Network, Wales and Scotland used Sea Swimmers , while NI used Mountain Rescue .
TR
TROGGLES
I'm of the opinion that senior BBC management have finally lost the plot. Clearly they have become the 'Oozlum bird' of broadcasting management & if you don;t know what one is, Wikipedia puts it perfectly; to paraphrase.

...'Some versions have it that, when startled, the bird will take off and fly around in ever-decreasing circles until it manages to fly up its own backside, disappearing completely, which adds to its rarity.

Other sources state that the bird flies backwards so that it can admire its own beautiful tail feathers, or because while it does not know where it is going, it likes to know where it has been.

You choose!
WO
Worzel
I'm of the opinion that senior BBC management have finally lost the plot. Clearly they have become the 'Oozlum bird' of broadcasting management & if you don;t know what one is, Wikipedia puts it perfectly; to paraphrase.

...'Some versions have it that, when startled, the bird will take off and fly around in ever-decreasing circles until it manages to fly up its own backside, disappearing completely, which adds to its rarity.

Other sources state that the bird flies backwards so that it can admire its own beautiful tail feathers, or because while it does not know where it is going, it likes to know where it has been.

You choose!

Bring back Greg Dyke. Laughing
RE
Rex

You choose!

Or Birtspeak. Laughing
WO
Worzel

You choose!

Or Birtspeak. Laughing

Or Entwhistle... maybe not! 😂 Greg Dyke was arguably the best, most proactive and popular DG in (recent) years.
ST
Stuart
WMD posted:

Do the nations/regions actually have Forest though?
AN
Andrew Founding member
WMD posted:

Does this back up the theory that this ident has been rushed to air quite quickly and therefore regionally branded ones don't actually exist?

Newer posts