TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MM
MMcG198
One thing to note, where's the Oneness strap?

It's been known for some time that Forest would not include any reference to the Oneness campaign. Forest was intended to be used only in extreme situations. Clearly, there's been a policy change of some sort in the last few days. An interesting development.

So, since late yesterday, Forest is being used for all programming produced by BBC News. Speculation: did BBC News complain about this trash being used to introduce their programmes? Or someone with a suitable amount of clout has decided that the 'Oneness' idents are not appropriate for news/current affairs programmes.
Custard56 and bilky asko gave kudos
JO
Jonny

To be honest, my first thought was that it's not as good as this from Channel 4, which is 14 years old!

https://vimeo.com/6429993

Yes, great shout!
WI
Wicko
Looks like this is being used for the news now.

Which is perfectly fine. It certainly seems more suitable than sea wimmers!
JU
Justin
The Forest ident just shows the immense lack of care in the making of these clips. You don't need the oneness tag but come on, a static shot of some trees = ident???

I understand they need a news ident but this is just piss poor. Even just having two people walking through the scene would spruce this up a bit.
the eye, Custard56 and Brekkie gave kudos
WI
Wicko
The Forest ident just shows the immense lack of care in the making of these clips. You don't need the oneness tag but come on, a static shot of some trees = ident???

I understand they need a news ident but this is just piss poor. Even just having two people walking through the scene would spruce this up a bit.

Or even if it was raining and they caught some ripples on a puddle!
DA
davidhorman
Even just having two people walking through the scene would spruce this up a bit.

It's certainly got me pining for the Magic Forest circle ident.
DP
D.Page
the really frustrating thing is that woodlands and forests are wonderful places photograph

I've dug out one of my photographs that includes some woodland.

The scene is Ashness Bridge with Skiddaw in the background, Cumbria, 2013.

Last edited by D.Page on 15 January 2017 3:13pm - 3 times in total
ST
Stuart
I was glad to see just a forest into Marr this morning. There wasn't even the 'oness' .... just a nice loop into the 'O', which is OK.
WI
Wicko
I was glad to see just a forest into Marr this morning. There wasn't even the 'oness' .... just a nice loop into the 'O', which is OK.

On the downside, it suggests that it is perfectly possible that the "oneness" tagline can be easily removed from the animation which also could indicate that the idents can indeed continue beyond 2017. Martin Parr himself said on Points West that "Oneness" is just for 2017, but not necessarily the idents.
CA
Cavan
I class Wales, NI and Scotland as Nations.

NE & Cumbria etc etc as Regions, which I made no mention of.

I got my jargon mixed up. Confused
DB
dbl
Behind the Scenes - BBC One Christmas 'Oneness' ident (Doctor Who)
DP
D.Page
Cavan posted:
I class Wales, NI and Scotland as Nations.

NE & Cumbria etc etc as Regions, which I made no mention of.

I got my jargon mixed up. Confused

It's not a problem, Cav.

Newer posts