« Topics
D.Page714 posts since 30 Oct 2013
London London
I'm actually starting to like them. I can appreciate what they're trying to do and now there's four in the mix, they really are not that bad. Mind you, I've had a bottle of wine tonight so my thinking may not be clear, but what they lacked was variety. At least we do have a little of that now.

...not that bad? It must be the drink talking Wink
UBox, Brekkie and 2 others
  • Nicky
gave kudos
p_c_u_k1,755 posts since 27 Mar 2004
The wheelchair one was better. I can't really identify why, but it seemed more professional. I suspect it's because the community hall for dancers and the sea for the swimmers look so grim, it makes the idents look so much worse. I suspect the lack of variety was a big problem as well. They're still not good idents though, I'm not going to go that far.

BBC Scotland played out a sting for Scot Squad before going into an BBC One Scotland with the location given as somewhere in England, and I genuinely thought they'd have been better off with a slightly extended version of the sting going into the show instead.
623058 gave kudos
Mr Kite807 posts since 15 Aug 2007
Granada North West Today
They really are just Rhythm & Movement: Extra Crap Edition.

It's almost sarcastic. It's like they haven't come to terms with Brexit and so they say "Fine, you lot don't want rainbows and everyone loving each other, let's give you what you actually want then", hence nearly all white, not-so-photogenic people in grey rather dull environments showing dank, grey old England.
UBox and p_c_u_k gave kudos
Wicko1,383 posts since 3 Dec 2003
Meridian (South) South Today
They really are just Rhythm & Movement: Extra Crap Edition.

It's almost sarcastic. It's like they haven't come to terms with Brexit and so they say "Fine, you lot don't want rainbows and everyone loving each other, let's give you what you actually want then", hence mostly white, not-so-photogenic people in grey rather dull environments showing dank, grey old England.

Why are you so upset that the idents mainly feature white people? The UK population is mainly white people and the Exercise ident has black and asian, elderly, men and women in it.
I am the Optimistic Goldfish.
tmorgan96, ukpetey and 2 others
  • LTSC1980
  • DavidWhitfield
gave kudos
Wicko1,383 posts since 3 Dec 2003
Meridian (South) South Today
Oh yawn. I thought the irony in the post was obvious.

Well, your post sadly hinted that you haven't yet accepted the result of a certain referendum rather than what any ident was trying to perceive. If that was the irony then yes it was totally obvious! Political anger is apparently the in thing these days!
I am the Optimistic Goldfish.
D.Page714 posts since 30 Oct 2013
London London
Videos here.

'Wheelchair Rugby' #1 ('Collide' Version):

'Wheelchair Rugby' #2 ('Non-Collide' Version):

'Wheelchair Rugby' #3 ('Minor bumping' Version, 1st TX: 12-01-2017 2.30pm)

'Mountain Rescue Volunteers' (Full length copy, via BBC1 Wales):

(Mountain Rescue's location caption, again, already partly faded up on its very first frame).
Last edited by D.Page on 12 January 2017 6:06pm
tmorgan96 gave kudos