« Topics
Rkolsen984 posts since 20 Jan 2014
BBC World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK7-lDEN61s

It looks nice. Seems like they wanted to mimic Silicon Valley type amenities. A lot of the amenities seem to be useful but it's also likely designed so you won't have to leave campus and spend more time at work. The only thing that's missing is a quick walk in health clinic and pharmacy.
Markymark4,178 posts since 13 Dec 2004
Meridian (North) South Today

It looks nice. Seems like they wanted to mimic Silicon Valley type amenities. A lot of the amenities seem to be useful but it's also likely designed so you won't have to leave campus and spend more time at work. The only thing that's missing is a quick walk in health clinic and pharmacy.

It's useless for parking though. My lad is working there at present, arrives at 05:30hrs to ensure a parking space
bilky asko gave kudos
tmorgan96265 posts since 6 Jan 2012
BBC World

It's useless for parking though. My lad is working there at present, arrives at 05:30hrs to ensure a parking space

Is there ample access via public transport though?
Markymark4,178 posts since 13 Dec 2004
Meridian (North) South Today

Depends where you're coming from ! Two changes of train, and 2hrs, (plus the drive to the home railway station, plus the cost of parking at the railway station) compared with a 55 min (at that time of the day !) drive door to door, .
noggin11,936 posts since 26 Jun 2001

It's not great. Sky run shuttle buses from some main line stations to help with this. It kind of falls between two stools. Too far in to have decent car parking and not far enough in to have comprehensive 24/7 public transport access.
globaltraffic24304 posts since 23 Jun 2013
STV Central Reporting Scotland

It's not great. Sky run shuttle buses from some main line stations to help with this. It kind of falls between two stools. Too far in to have decent car parking and not far enough in to have comprehensive 24/7 public transport access.

It's always been the same. I worked at Sky more than 10 years ago and parking was horrendous. Since then they have built a small multi-storey car park, but also cut some of the overflow parking away with the new studios.