TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WI
Wicko
New ident to launch tonight at 7pm:

BBCCymruWales Press ‏@BBCWalesPress 10m10 minutes ago

New @BBCOne ident featuring @OspreysWR from Llantrisant debuts across UK tonight before @BBCTheOneShow at 7pm. #oneness
RE
Rex
Wicko posted:
New ident to launch tonight at 7pm:

BBCCymruWales Press ‏@BBCWalesPress 10m10 minutes ago

New @BBCOne ident featuring @OspreysWR from Llantrisant debuts across UK tonight before @BBCTheOneShow at 7pm. #oneness

Wheelchair Rugby Team is being unleashed tonight I see. Seeing that it was already filmed, along with Exercise Class, Sea Swimmers and Mountain Rescue, same problems it'll have like the others mentioned.
:-(
A former member
Wheelchair people all look miserable. The ident would be better if there happy playing the game.... Not just all line up for no good reason...
RE
Rex

RadioTimes on a viewer's response to BBC ONE idents.
DP
D.Page

Well, if this is how he filmed the actual take, it explains the wobbly camerawork. Not a jib in sight, but, instead, feet tight together (so no chance of steadiness) whilst high up on a B&Q ladder with nobody at the bottom supporting it.

Some of the quote from Charlotte Moore is, frankly, laughable. "I hope that the series of images he captures across the year will document everyday Britain in all its glory and serve as a fascinating record of 2017"

No ...unless something radically different takes place with the idents yet to be filmed, that all it will document is an unmemorable, dull and utterly drab record of 2017, that is completely devoid of any imagination and creativity, and filmed by a thoroughly mediocre cinematograpther.
Last edited by D.Page on 11 January 2017 4:45pm
LL
Larry the Loafer
Quote:
Martin Parr is renowned for finding the extraordinary in the ordinary.

How long is he usually given to find it?
elmarko, danielthompson and D.Page gave kudos
SO
SOL
Well it definitely does look as though it's only for 2017 going by that response. Let's hope a full rebrand is being planned for next year.
GL
Gluben

To be honest, I have to say the article comes across as more neutral than anything. Not dripping with praise but not full of criticism either.
JO
Joe
[quote:0789797583="Larry the Loafer" pid="1042951"][quote:0789797583]Martin Parr is renowned for finding the extraordinary in the ordinary.[/quote:0789797583]

How long is he usually given to find it?[/quote:0789797583]

Not to single you out in particular (I kind of have, I guess...) but I do feel some comments in this thread have been unnecessarily mean to Parr. I wonder if the camera operator would have had the same criticism had they been an unnamed individual. Of course, with it being a 'name' one naturally expects a certain standard of work - but I really don't feel like any shortcomings in this set come from him or his skill.
:-(
A former member
The problem is Parr is photograph.
HC
Hatton Cross
Parr is a photograph?
Or Parr is a photographer?

It's irrelevant though.
What's the difference between a posed photograph, and posed short video sequence?

None. Just elements are moving in the later.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
In the latter there will usually be some form of deliberate movement, if the subject isn't moving the camera probably will be. Plus some decent audio, hopefully.

Newer posts