« Topics
BroadcastWales96 posts since 29 Jun 2016
I remember something similar being said, although in my mind it was three years. And they didn't suggest they'd drop everything after that time, but that the cycle of new ITV idents was planned out for that long.

That is all I remember something on here saying I thought five years but could have been mistaken. Again I was not suggesting it would definitely change after five years just saying it could.

Thanks for that, interesting about that suggestion.

Still two keyboards on the desk

Oh great, Its not as if they are going to need two keyboards for a couple of years, aka when they decide to reintroduce the two presenter format. Wink
DarthSidious23 posts since 4 Nov 2016 new member
Central (West) Midlands Today
One nice little thing we are seeing from the single headed Evening News, there's some nice loose off center shots being used. I've not seen these since the days of the virtual skyline era.

Edit: and I see they now use the larger NAT screen to the left of the studio.
Andrew11,509 posts since 27 Mar 2001
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Did you all get that completely generic report about 'snow on the way' on your regional news tonight?

A report from an unidentifiable gritter depot, generic scenes of snowy motorways and an interview with a man captioned only as "A councillor"

You can usually notice the syndicated content as they end 'Lauren Hall, ITV News' but this one was particularly noticeable.
marshmallow112 posts since 4 Nov 2015
Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Did you all get that completely generic report about 'snow on the way' on your regional news tonight?

A report from an unidentifiable gritter depot, generic scenes of snowy motorways and an interview with a man captioned only as "A councillor"

You can usually notice the syndicated content as they end 'Lauren Hall, ITV News' but this one was particularly noticeable.

Surprisingly she name checked "the Calendar region" at the start of our report, normally her reports are just completely generic and contain no reference to the regions they go out to. Regarding that awful "Calendar region" phrase, it seems that tonight's edition was a game of who could mention it the most; nearly every report or link used it at some point.