The Newsroom

ITV News

Split from ITV News 2013 Rebrand (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SK
Skygeek
JK08 posted:
I don't get the issue many members have with just ignoring posts that irritate them for whatever reason. I understand this post may seem rather hypocritical but it just seems that people enjoy making a point of being annoyed by small oversights.

But it's not a small oversight when somebody does the same thing multiple times and then hides behind: "BUT... I'M NEW!" with all the moral conviction of the smallest kid in class on the first day of secondary school even though nobody's trying to steal his lunch money and he's just jumped the queue.
Cando, Ben Shatliff and London Lite gave kudos
CI
cityprod
JK08 posted:
I don't get the issue many members have with just ignoring posts that irritate them for whatever reason. I understand this post may seem rather hypocritical but it just seems that people enjoy making a point of being annoyed by small oversights.

Because you don't ignore a child who's misbehaving, otherwise, they don't learn that some things are acceptable and some are not.
DS
DarthSidious
JK08 posted:

But it's not a small oversight when somebody does the same thing multiple times and then hides behind: "BUT... I'M NEW!" with all the moral conviction of the smallest kid in class on the first day of secondary school even though nobody's trying to steal his lunch money and he's just jumped the queue.

I'm sorry but I've read a lot of your posts on here, and your posts come across as a bit bullying.
GM
Gary McEwan
I'm sorry to be crass, but all I've noticed is new members throwing their toys out of the pram when they're checked on something.

Are you all 12 or something?
WL
W1LL
From tonight we will see Mary Nightingale present the evening news solely. Why is it that the editor of the programme selects whether the programme will have one presenter or two. Wasn't it in 2008 that each bulletin was double headed?

I think they are making the switch later in the month as Charlene and Alistair were presenting on the third

Again, you're rehashing exactly what other people have said multiple times in various ways. Please try to follow the flow of the conversation - it's the polite thing to do.

As annoying as those posts may be to you, surely the "flow of conversation" is being interrupted more by your overreaction to a one sentence post with a wholly unnecessary rant.
TROGGLES, Luke and Brekkie gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Heres hoping the Evening News relaunch comes next week giving us an excuse to reset this thread and start again.
GM
GMc
Heres hoping the Evening News relaunch comes next week giving us an excuse to reset this thread and start again.

Is it an actual relaunch, though? Are they planning any other changes other than going single-headed?
If no other changes are planned, it just seems strange that they didn't go single-headed from last night, even with Alastair for now, until Mary returns from leave.
SK
skynewsfreak
Mary said on Twitter a few days ago that no other changes are happening apart from going solo.

BR
Brekkie
Well thats that then.
SK
Skygeek

Well, at least we know the vast majority of schools are back by tomorrow

But if the Evening News is still double-headed by Monday, does that mean they've changed their... Oh God, it's contagious!
NE
News96
More like the mid-January theory will turn out to be correct.
GM
GMc
Confirmed that Mary goes solo next week:

Last edited by GMc on 5 January 2017 1:48pm

Newer posts