The Newsroom

ITV news 2008

(January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
TVViewer256
Does anyone have any clips of itv news from 2008. Were all the bulletins double headed? (including lunchtime but not morning)
YO
yogibarney
I think there's a few videos on YouTube iirc
BA
Barney
Does anyone have any clips of itv news from 2008. Were all the bulletins double headed? (including lunchtime but not morning)

Morning was always single headed IIRC

At that time, Alastair Stewart & Katie Derham were the main presenters of lunchtime news, whilst evening news was Mark & Mary, then at ten Sir Trevor & Julie. Friday's was always a little different to the week, Geraint Vincent & Nina Hossain hosted lunchtime & evening, whilst James Mates hosted the late news. Geraint, Nina, James, Romilly, Steve & Lucy were the relief presenters through out the main three programmes, they also hosted weekends. That changed towards the end of 2008, when both Nina & Romilly went on maternity leave at the same time, this was when Alastair & Katie were utilised more as relief presenters, Alex Hyndman & Sally Biddulph also hosted the lunchtime news from time to time during this period (late 2008 - early 2009)
TV
TVViewer256

At that time, Alastair Stewart & Katie Derham were the main presenters of lunchtime news, whilst evening news was Mark & Mary, then at ten Sir Trevor & Julie. Friday's was always a little different to the week, Geraint Vincent & Nina Hossain hosted lunchtime & evening, whilst James Mates hosted the late news. Geraint, Nina, James, Romilly, Steve & Lucy were the relief presenters through out the main three programmes, they also hosted weekends. That changed towards the end of 2008, when both Nina & Romilly went on maternity leave at the same time, this was when Alastair & Katie were utilised more as relief presenters, Alex Hyndman & Sally Biddulph also hosted the lunchtime news from time to time during this period (late 2008 - early 2009)

Thanks. Interesting to see that Sally Biddulph used to be a lunchtime relief presenter but then went down the ranks to eventually come on to doing gmb London bulletins and occasionally 6pm London bulletins
BA
Barney

Thanks. Interesting to see that Sally Biddulph used to be a lunchtime relief presenter but then went down the ranks to eventually come on to doing gmb London bulletins and occasionally 6pm London bulletins

Sally has hosted it as recent as 2012.
SK
Skygeek
For pity's sake, just ban him! (See also GMB format and other ITV thread)

He hasn't, won't, and doesn't want to observe the etiquette of fantasy/rota/request threads.
London Lite, rob and Rex gave kudos
JW
JamesWorldNews

He hasn't, won't, and doesn't want to observe the etiquette of fantasy/rota/request threads.

Good Evening, Mr. Meldrew.
SK
Skygeek

Sadly, I do believe it.
London Lite, Gary McEwan and JamesWorldNews gave kudos
BA
Barney

Sadly, I do believe it.

You are coming across as quite harsh & mean to that TV Forumer.
SK
Skygeek
Why? What have I said that is inaccurate about his behaviour when compared to that expected by those that set the rules.

Please... enlighten me. I'm just dying to know what I'm missing here.
London Lite, Gary McEwan and dbl gave kudos
AS
Asa Admin
For pity's sake, just ban him!

This is the second time I've asked for posts to be reported using the RTP feature. There is a risk you're coming across as a self-appointed moderator, particularly if you're going to jump on members for asking pretty innocuous questions. Rather than just letting it go, posting simply derails the thread.
SK
Skygeek
Asa posted:
For pity's sake, just ban him!

This is the second time I've asked for posts to be reported using the RTP feature. There is a risk you're coming across as a self-appointed moderator, particularly if you're going to jump on members for asking pretty innocuous questions. Rather than just letting it go, posting simply derails the thread.

Your point is well taken. If anything, it's the "GMB format" thread where the report feature could most-fairly have been deployed.

I shall attempt to pick my battles more-carefully next time.

Newer posts