TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MR
mrbernay
New ideas for 'Oneness'....

The banality of British life has never been captured this well.

(laughs uncontrollably)

Brilliant Smile
WH
Whataday Founding member
paul_hadley, ukpetey and Charlie Gough gave kudos
MR
mrbernay
Great compilation Smile
WH
Whataday Founding member
Red Bee made it. As with this one:

MO
Moz
Noticeable that the @bbcone twitter hasn't even mentioned the new "idents". They truly are terrible. I think the bit I lament the most is the wonderful calming soundtrack the BBC One HD holding slide had...

It's now been replaced by the most horrific jarring noise.
MR
mrbernay
It also bothers me as there is no jingle. That is what draws you in to the programme. You shouldn't have to wait until the theme tune begins.....
NB
NicB1971
I am actually astonished by how much annoyance and shock there is at the new idents; I cannot believe how awful they are. Whoever the idiot is within the BBC who paid some trendy right-on firm to design the PC tosh needs sacking; it shows 100% how remote and out-of-touch the Corporation's senior management has become that they would rather listen to stupid narrow-minded focus groups instead of the public. The series W12 has become less of a parody and more factually-accurate.
I'm certain the BBC couldn't care two hoots about what we (the licence payer) thinks about their branding - are they're so oblivious to what's going on in the Twittersphere or on forum like this?
And what the blazes does "oneness" mean? The world (BBC globe) has gone utterly utterly bonkers.

(Goes back to the corner to rock back and forth watching his COW screensaver waiting for the National Anthem closedown)
RN
Rolling News
These "idents" are truly terrible. I honest!y thought it was a trailer for something when I first saw one. This year marks 20 years since the balloon idents were introduced, honestly what a comedown. I agree with everyonese sentiments about the regional idents looking silly (they don't even have a pier here in the East Midlands). Come back Rhythm and Movement, all is forgiven. At least they looked liked idents and not some random scenes filmed on an IPhone.

I think the globe from 1974 being reintroduced would be more welcome.
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Do you think Martin Parr is reading all our thoughts so that he can make some varied, exciting new idents with red coloured backgrounds and gripping unusual camera angles??
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
These "idents" are truly terrible. I honest!y thought it was a trailer for something when I first saw one. This year marks 20 years since the balloon idents were introduced, honestly what a comedown. I agree with everyonese sentiments about the regional idents looking silly. Come back Rhythm and Movement, all is forgiven. At least they looked liked idents and not some random scenes filmed on an IPhone.

I think the globe from 1974 being reintroduced would be more welcome.

Most of the Rhythm and Dance idents were pretty amazing, especially Festival and Skateboarders. How many times must the Skateboarders ident have been shot to be done without any crashes or errors?? I'd love to see some outtakes of that one!!

That took some skill.

There is no skill in filming some swimmers standing in sea and then getting them to turn around...
MarkT76, Rolling News and Footballer gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member
There is no skill in filming some swimmers standing in sea and then getting them to turn around...

Evidently there is because they haven't mastered it.
DP
D.Page
...There is no skill in filming some swimmers standing in sea and then getting them to turn around...

...at which point you can see a*se cracks through one or two of the wet bottoms. I mean, I really want to see this when I'm having my lunch or dinner, don't I. Hmmm, lovely Rolling Eyes

Newer posts