TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AE
AlexEdohHD13
The exercise ident was shown again before 'Match of the Day 2':
JA
JAS84
The background change was expected, but also notable is that the HD identifier in the logo is gone.
AE
AlexEdohHD13
JAS84 posted:
The background change was expected, but also notable is that the HD identifier in the logo is gone.

Yes. I noted that in the description of the video on YouTube.
BR
Brekkie
Can't wait for NI to break ranks and do their own thing. I'm sure they will!

BBC NI really should have a veto on all presentation.

And in the spirit of "oneness" it's amazing they allowed these to get to air without at least having local variations in place for the nations.
NL
Ne1L C
I'm not impressed.
DJ
DJ Dave

come on E4!
AN
Andrew Founding member
Can't wait for NI to break ranks and do their own thing. I'm sure they will!

BBC NI really should have a veto on all presentation.

And in the spirit of "oneness" it's amazing they allowed these to get to air without at least having local variations in place for the nations.

The fact they actually name the places actually makes it worse.

Naming the location worked on UTV as they were showing how local they are, and all idents were filmed in the region.

Naming the village hall, even the though it could be anywhere, and then introducing Look North, is going to look daft. Except for the obvious ones like Blackpool Tower, a lot of the balloon idents were just generic nice countryside
NYTV, Footballer and orange gave kudos
:-(
A former member
Here the thing, some of the nations never took all the Balloon idents, and a few were culled never to be seen.
RE
Rex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSh-f70si0A

come on E4!

The funniest ident I've seen by far ROFL.

We need E4 or maybe Dave to completely take the piss out of this - making Moore's vanity project more of a humorous fail.
LL
Larry the Loafer
They can't even Zumba in sync! I know it's supposed to reflect real Britain and not look too slick and professional, but it just highlights the amateurism of the whole thing. And the music's s**t.
Footballer, Custard56 and Brekkie gave kudos
VM
VMPhil
If only French & Saunders was still on.

SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Yes the location names are somewhat redundant in these. If you are going to rollout such a limited set its best to keep them location generic. Exercise class could be literally anywhere.

To do this concept properly they should have had one geographically relevant to each region from day 1.

The whole concept might have some value it was nicely produced like a Eurovision postcard.
Footballer, orange and Larry the Loafer gave kudos

Newer posts