The Newsroom

The new NEW Central West and BBC Midlands thread

(January 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MH
mhadley
And tonight it was good to see David Gregory-Kumar who did the late bulletin. Haven't seen him present for a long time now.
BR
Brekkie
It's almost as if they're using people low down on the pecking order because for some reason their most senior staff are taking holidays at this time of year.
Lou Scannon and Critique gave kudos
ST
South Today
RDJ posted:
Was good to see Wesley Smith do the Evening bulletin tonight on Central. Probably the first time in a long time he presented the main evening programme.

Sadly missed it but was it really a proper programme rather than a bulletin?
DV
dvboy
And tonight it was good to see David Gregory-Kumar who did the late bulletin. Haven't seen him present for a long time now.

I understand he was short notice cover.
DV
dvboy
Midlands Today's lunchtime bulletin was apparently cut short by a fire alarm today (I've not seen it, this is a third hand report)
RO
rob Founding member
dvboy posted:
Midlands Today's lunchtime bulletin was apparently cut short by a fire alarm today (I've not seen it, this is a third hand report)

Confirmed:

MA
mapperuo
dvboy posted:

Just rewound live stream, it must have went off during a VT as you don't hear it and they just cut to the news channel at end of VT.

9 days later

NB
NicB1971
Sorry to ask on here but has anyone got a clean copy of the 1994 theme to Central News (West) please; if it is library can someone DM me details? It's one of a couple I'm missing. BBC Midlands Today over the years seem a bit easier to acquire. If anyone is stuck for anything else let me know and I'll see what I can find. Many thanks. PS Don't have a go at me for posting on this page - I tried on Requests but had no help. Embarassed
DS
DarthSidious
Sorry to ask on here but has anyone got a clean copy of the 1994 theme to Central News (West) please; if it is library can someone DM me details? It's one of a couple I'm missing. BBC Midlands Today over the years seem a bit easier to acquire. If anyone is stuck for anything else let me know and I'll see what I can find. Many thanks. PS Don't have a go at me for posting on this page - I tried on Requests but had no help. Embarassed

You've just reminded me of the 1997 music. I loved that, and it always reminds me how bland everything is today.
IT
IndigoTucker
1994 West - is that the one with the orange wordmarque flying over the marble backdrop? That was classic, it was by Tom Blades (as was the 97 piece, and I've yet to find it on library. There are very similar pieces by Tom Blades from the same period. Random fact, the full theme is used on a educational video for high school children about the production of a news programme. Find that incredibly rare VHS tape, and you are laughing.
Last edited by IndigoTucker on 12 January 2017 10:55pm - 2 times in total
MW
Mike W
1994 West - is that the one with the orange wordmarque flying over the marble backdrop? That was classic, it was by Tom Flowers (as was the 97 piece, and I've yet to find it on library. There are very similar pieces by Tom flowers from the same period. Random fact, the full theme is use daily on a educational video for high school children about the production of a news programme. Find that incredibly rare VHS tape, and you are laughing.

Tom Blades.

1997 is a custom variant of Team Spirit on the Bruton music library
IT
IndigoTucker
Blades!! Stupid iPad 'corrected' it.

Newer posts