TV Home Forum

Channel 4

General Discussion (November 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Ooh, cut it very very close there. Not even time to say bye properly.
TV
TVMan
The show ran over at the end, with the final Sell or Swap decision being made over the credits. I'd imagine the plan was to go back to the guy who offered the swap on Skype. No one seemed to inform Noel though and the show ended without any goodbye from him
BR
Brekkie
Shame Channel 4 has had to succumb to "don't phone if you're watching on +1/Demand" verbal messages - those used to be limited to the straps only.

That's pretty standard now and on a show like this understandable. It's when they do it on shows where the lines will still be open during the +1 era and a good chunk of the on demand window (like the ITV comps) where it's annoying - giving a closing date/time should be sufficient.

Anyway I only lasted just past the first ad break on this. It was all a bit of a mess and all it did was highlight that in an alternative universe Noel would be working for Bid TV now.
SO
SOL
Joe posted:
Think there's some misunderstanding here. If you read the original post back, the author was simply making the point that the diner was the same location used, and that it was nice to see it in that context. I don't think there was a suggestion that it was filmed at the same time or anything like that, simply that the location was the same and that nice 'coincidence' that it is used in different Channel 4 Television idents.

Thanks. Yes it was merely that I noticed the same location used by both channels for their idents. Never thought they were made by the same company or at the same time. Just noticed that I said ident instead of location, my bad.
:-(
A former member
With darts on ch4 this saturday could there be a new ident and pres?

30 days later

JA
Jake

A former member
Break bumpers aswell.
A former member
Was there one for 7pm?
MA
Markymark
Was there one for 7pm?

No
A former member
I take it he'll be back today?
LL
Larry the Loafer
Did Russell Brand do something untoward on Sunday Brunch this morning? Catching up on +1 and he's been cut off by a "We are temporarily unavailable to show this scheduled content" slide.
BA
bilky asko
Did Russell Brand do something untoward on Sunday Brunch this morning? Catching up on +1 and he's been cut off by a "We are temporarily unavailable to show this scheduled content" slide.

Apparently it involved swearing and references of a sexual nature, going by the Twitter reaction an hour ago.

Newer posts