Channel 4

General Discussion (November 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CO
Colorband
Dang, I wish I had those blocks...
DO
dosxuk
I was looking at the case thinking "that looks like a useful size"...
HC
Hatton Cross
Think you'll find it isn't..

May be the same location, but aren't the Channel 4 'merge blocks' and the Film 4 idents, produced by Channel 4 creative along with different design agencies - in different decades?

Edit - that post is about the Diner location by the way...
TO
tomo359
With regards to the diner/fuel station in both idents, it is the same place in both. It's not easy to compare as they are filmed from different angles, but if you just focus on the forecourt bit, in both there are two pumps and one roof support in the same position in both idents, the front of the shop have 2 big windows and a big door in the centre of them, and to the right of this there is another window at an angle. This window in both idents has writing above it, I think it says Mechanic something.

It's too much of a coincidence that both companies just happened to use the same tiny station in some remote part of America. It's obvious it was used as C4 already had some connection to it.
BE
Ben Founding member
I believe it's a well known filming location. Having idents filmed at the location previously means nothing.
JO
Joe
Think there's some misunderstanding here. If you read the original post back, the author was simply making the point that the diner was the same location used, and that it was nice to see it in that context. I don't think there was a suggestion that it was filmed at the same time or anything like that, simply that the location was the same and that nice 'coincidence' that it is used in different Channel 4 Television idents.
JO
Jonny
Bit late to the party on this one, but just catching up on the "Voices of 4" campaign and I really like it. Wonderful, weird and immersive soundtrack, well shot and choreographed, feels like something right out of the early 90s.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
The Sell or Swap programme going out out now on Channel 4 seems, um, slightly disjointed. And they don't seem to have any commercials either in the first ad break.
TV
TVMan
The Sell or Swap programme going out out now on Channel 4 seems, um, slightly disjointed. And they don't seem to have any commercials either in the first ad break.

You can hear the phone operators in the background, as well as the other auctions. Also, not many phone bidders are getting through it seems
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
TVMan posted:

You can hear the phone operators in the background, as well as the other auctions. Also, not many phone bidders are getting through it seems

Hardly surprising as onscreen they only have six phone operators. Hopefully more behind the scenes?

Nice quip Noel made about the phone number at the start of the show about it not being 01 811 8055 anymore Smile but interesting to note it's a freephone 0808 number - was half expecting an 0901 type number. Shame Channel 4 has had to succumb to "don't phone if you're watching on +1/Demand" verbal messages - those used to be limited to the straps only.
TV
TVMan
It would be better if there was an online bidding system, perhaps done through Twitter.
GO
gottago
TVMan posted:

Hardly surprising as onscreen they only have six phone operators. Hopefully more behind the scenes?

Nice quip Noel made about the phone number at the start of the show about it not being 01 811 8055 anymore Smile but interesting to note it's a freephone 0808 number - was half expecting an 0901 type number. Shame Channel 4 has had to succumb to "don't phone if you're watching on +1/Demand" verbal messages - those used to be limited to the straps only.

Given that it's a freephone number it'll cost the production company money if more people phone in so no surprise they don't want people to ring up.

Newer posts