The Newsroom

ITV News: Rotas & Presenters

(July 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
First working day of the festive season and Suzanne Virdee presented the London bulletin.
BA
Barney
First working day of the festive season and Suzanne Virdee presented the London bulletin.

Julie did all three bulletins, even the lunchtime bulletin!! This must be a first AFAIK, even when she hosted on Christmas Day, back in the black & yellow era, Charlene white hosted the lunchtime then.

EDIT : Chris Ship hosting all three today (Thursday)
Last edited by Barney on 29 December 2016 12:56pm
BR
Brekkie
Not really, ITV News always use the same strategy to cover the Christmas period.
NW
nwtv2003
Apparently Mark Austin is back today according to the Sky EPG... Rolling Eyes
NE
News96
Which we can safely say is wrong since he left a week ago.
EX
excel99
Not really, ITV News always use the same strategy to cover the Christmas period.

It must be fairly recent. I can recall Faye Barker doing a lunchtime between Christmas and New Year, but AFAIK she has never done any evening national bulletins. (as an aside the bulletin was quite lengthy and even included a guest interview. I guess this must have been around the time a full length News at Ten aired between Christmas and New Year)
AN
Andrew Founding member
Sometimes the lunchtime bulletins, particularly on the weekend days will still be hosted by a lesser known face at Christmas, I bet that will be the case this Saturday. But the rest of the strategy, where each presenter does one day each, all bulletins has been the way for years.
IT
itsrobert Founding member
Yes and going back further into the 90s and 80s, the weekend presenter would always do all that day's bulletins IIRC. Usually it was Fiona Armstrong, Carol Barnes, Nicholas Owen, Sue Carpenter etc.
BR
Brekkie

It must be fairly recent. I can recall Faye Barker doing a lunchtime between Christmas and New Year, but AFAIK she has never done any evening national bulletins.

Remember ITV also used to have the Morning News so it's possible they sometimes used the same presenter for both, plus of course they had the news channel to staff for a few years. Similarly I suspect sometimes they've shared a presenter between the lunchtime summary and the evening edition of London Tonight.

Generally speaking though for the last few years over the Christmas period the senior (and not quite so senior) presenters have taken a day each.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Sometimes the lunchtime bulletins, particularly on the weekend days will still be hosted by a lesser known face at Christmas, I bet that will be the case this Saturday. But the rest of the strategy, where each presenter does one day each, all bulletins has been the way for years.

Will be interesting to see if we get a B team presenter to present the late bulletin on Saturday counting down into 2017?
BR
Brekkie

Will be interesting to see if we get a B team presenter to present the late bulletin on Saturday counting down into 2017?

It's usually Alastair Stewart isn't it?

A 45-minute slot this year from 11.30-12.15.
NE
newsman1
Alastair has been a broadcast journalist since 1976. Is he not due for retirement?

Newer posts