The Gallery

ITV (2013-Present) Ident & Presentation Mocks

Mocks of ITV Idents using real life footage that I recorded and mocks of ITV pres. (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FA
fanoftv
The current idents focus on something where as that latter one just showed traffic from a distance. Play around with some more idea even if it means setting things up in your house. Try setting up kitchen baking/cooking scene with a member of your family or a friend trying to prepare something. A lot of ITV's idents don't focus on the person more what's going on.
AE
AlexEdohHD13
There seems to be sort of a 3D effect going on with the letters; they seem to have some sort of bevel.

You should just have them flat; it'd make them look nicer and it would help them "blend in" easier.

I made the 3D bevel effect so that the letters can stand out and the actual ident have a bit of a bevel effect on the letters. (You'll notice when you watch them on ITV HD).
BA
bambam35614
I have to agree with Channelsurfer. Try to move the camera in one direction not up, down, left and right and maybe try mounting the camera on something or leaning against something to make the camera movement more stable and smooth.
AE
AlexEdohHD13
You've started to get the speed a little bit better, but there's still a few little kinks. The camera doesn't stop moving in the actual idents, so try to keep it moving at all times.

I think the main issue with the window ident in my opinion is the footage itself. You'll notice the ITV idents are all filmed at ground level as far as I know, and usually involve moving backwards or forwards. An example of this in your window ident would be a shot of those Santander cycles (?) at a right angle and slowly panning backwards, opposed to moving side to side.

They are Santander cycles in the footage.
BR
Brekkie
Like your last set they're nearly there but not quite right, but respectable enough for an amateur effort. The graphic only ones work well.

It does go to show that as discussed in recent weeks the ITV idents are much more than a logo slapped over stock footage - sometimes getting the simplest of ideas to work takes a lot of effort.

Would be nice to see some original content back in the gallery though rather than just recreations.
CO
Colorband
I made the 3D bevel effect so that the letters can stand out and the actual ident have a bit of a bevel effect on the letters. (You'll notice when you watch them on ITV HD).

The key word is a bit. The bevel isn't as extreme as yours.
AE
AlexEdohHD13

The key word is a bit. The bevel isn't as extreme as yours.

I am working on reducing the bevel extremity. I made it that way so that the logo can be seen and does not end-up disappearing in the mock idents.
Last edited by AlexEdohHD13 on 29 December 2016 5:42pm
AE
AlexEdohHD13
The current idents focus on something where as that latter one just showed traffic from a distance. Play around with some more idea even if it means setting things up in your house. Try setting up kitchen baking/cooking scene with a member of your family or a friend trying to prepare something. A lot of ITV's idents don't focus on the person more what's going on.

I did play around with my flash-light toy in the 'Flashing Light' ident. I filmed it at home.
Last edited by AlexEdohHD13 on 29 December 2016 6:07pm - 3 times in total
HA
HAR10110289
Great idents!

Can you do Bouncy Castle, Spider, Lion, Tiger, Chocolate Cake, Grassy Bank and more for me to make new idents please? thank you!
AE
AlexEdohHD13
Great idents!

Can you do Bouncy Castle, Spider, Lion, Tiger, Chocolate Cake, Grassy Bank and more for me to make new idents please? thank you!

I can't promise you anything. I don't do requests, sorry.
AE
AlexEdohHD13

Like this:
MW
Mike W

Like this:

Kids Toys on a cheap table in a messy council house, an ITV ident does not make.

Also the colour swatch looks awful, what's with the white bevel!?

Newer posts