The Newsroom

International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
QN
Quatorzine Neko
The first minutes of a Vesti newscast in Russia, 2003:

And some other intros from the same channel, from 2002 (news, sport, economy, weather):
WW
WW Update
Madaniyat TV, Azerbaijan, 2013:

Rupavahini, Sri Lanka, mid-1980s (in English):

WW
WW Update
CBC, Canada (English); The National, 2016:

Sat.1, Germany; refreshed look:

WW
WW Update
Broadcasters in Serbia and Afghanistan using news graphics from RTL in Germany (I've read online comments that Prva TV legally purchased RTL's graphics package, but I haven't been able to confirm that):

WW
WW Update
WBBM, Chicago, 1978 (with a prescient prediction at the 4:00 mark):

LL
London Lite Founding member
France's i>Télé appear to have given up any pretence of being a rolling news channel this Christmas. They're back to looping documentaries, short fillers from Canal+ and a weather forecast which was recorded at 0930 CET and is looping every 30 minutes.

They haven't even got the news bar up. It shows how staffing levels are so low that they can't even have a skeleton crew on Christmas Eve.
RK
Rkolsen
France's i>Télé appear to have given up any pretence of being a rolling news channel this Christmas. They're back to looping documentaries, short fillers from Canal+ and a weather forecast which was recorded at 0930 CET and is looping every 30 minutes.

They haven't even got the news bar up. It shows how staffing levels are so low that they can't even have a skeleton crew on Christmas Eve.

MSNBC isn't running any newscasts aside from short updates a few times each hour. The only original program they're airing is Meet The Press. The rest is made up of "Dateline Extra" and "Lockup" in the evening.

CNN airing New Day from 6-9, a documentary about POTUS' legacy for two hours, then a likely recorded Reliable Sources, followed by newscasts from 12-3pm. Starting at 3PM they are running their series "Finding Jesus: Faith, Fact and Forgery" for the next 13 hours. It appears they are returning their regular schedule Monday morning at 4AM.

Fox News appears to be live for "Fox and Friends" from 6-10AM and "Americas News HQ" from 12-2PM.
WW
WW Update
ProSieben, Germany; Newstime Spezial , 2016:

France 3, weekend midday regional news for Auvergne, 2016:

BTQ7, Bisbane, Australia; news promos, 2016:

WW
WW Update
A look at U.S. election coverage on Austria's ORF over the years:

Apparently, ZDF (Germany), ORF (Austria), and SRG (German-speaking Switzerland) used to produce joint U.S. election coverage:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/az2si/orf-election-1a_zpsxvj7ifou.png
Last edited by WW Update on 27 December 2016 5:48pm - 2 times in total
GL
globaltraffic24
Interesting that ZDF, ORF and SRG had similar logos back then. Was/is there a German language broadcast union? The Nordic countries have one, as does Benelux.
JA
JAS84
This was ZDF's logo back then.
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/logopedia/images/a/a8/ZDF_1962.svg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/200?cb=20160207070132
I think ORF was the host broadcaster and just put the other station names in their font.
NYTV, WW Update and globaltraffic24 gave kudos
QN
Quatorzine Neko
Was/is there a German language broadcast union?

I think there was one. Some programmes used to be produced and broadcast by the Swiss, German and Austrian broadcasters altogether, such as Aktenzeichen XY Ungelöst, a TV programme about solving crimes (example from 1996: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPiSFOefypI )

Aktenzeichen XY Ungelöst still exists nowadays, but only on ZDF.

Also, there is a TV channel named 3sat (which can be compared to the French-speaking TV5-Monde). 3sat is produced by the German ARD & ZDF, the Swiss SRF, and the Austrian ORF. It broadcasts programmes from these aforementioned broadcasters.

Here is an example of a breakfiller from 3sat listing the programmes broadcast by the channel on October 4th 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hSX2QznS1g
Last edited by Quatorzine Neko on 27 December 2016 5:02pm
WW Update and globaltraffic24 gave kudos

Newer posts