TV Home Forum

BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2016

Live from Birmingham: Sunday 18th December (November 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Markymark
It was a good event, was it me, but did it seem to anyone else, that Sky and BT were far more generous with clips this year than previously?

Or they had reduced their fees for supplying clips for the show......
NG
noggin Founding member
It was a good event, was it me, but did it seem to anyone else, that Sky and BT were far more generous with clips this year than previously?

Or they had reduced their fees for supplying clips for the show......

Or the team decided to pay anyway.
HC
Hatton Cross
Curious footage captioning as well.

None of the Horse Racing pictures were credited from Channel 4, rather that from Racing UK - even though the big races were shown on both.

F1 was credited by 'Formula One Management' (correctly) yet Moto GP was 'From BT Sport' rather than Dorna.

And Paralympics really should have been 'Channel 4/IPC' but it was missing the latter. Good show though. I predicted the winner several months ago. Join me here on August 16th, for 2017's winner...!
TL
toby lerone 2016
Good show though. I predicted the winner several months ago. Join me here on August 16th, for 2017's winner...!

I'd be astounded if Andy Murray didn't win it.

Agree Murray is clear favourite but think Alistair Brownlee will be right up there mainly for carrying his brother home in the Triathlon World Series

Look what I posted here on the 30th November, predicted the top 2 correctly
BR
Brekkie

Never really noticed it be a major issue in the past, certainly not in recent years anyway. The BBC seem to have deals in place with BT anyway for clips and highlights of many BT properties, and I suspect at this time of year there can be a bit of trading going on to allow the BBC to include clips in exchange for clips of the Euros or Olympics.

Newer posts