The Newsroom

The new NEW Central West and BBC Midlands thread

(January 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MH
mhadley
Kevin Reide presenting the Midlands Today Saturday Bulletin this afternoon was interesting.

25 days later

RD
RDJ
The studio backdrop for the West Midlands has been updated tonight to reflect the addition of the German Market, Christmas Trees and the Birmingham Big Wheel to Centenary Square.
MW
Mike W
RDJ posted:
The studio backdrop for the West Midlands has been updated tonight to reflect the addition of the German Market, Christmas Trees and the Birmingham Big Wheel to Centenary Square.

Central News I take it
LS
Lou Scannon
RDJ posted:

Central News I take it

No, Midlands Today's CGI newsroom backdrop now contains a mixture of desks, market stalls, computers, Christmas trees, gallery monitors, and a big wheel.

16 days later

ST
South Today
Genelle has left Central so a complete mixture on GMB bulletins over the last few weeks, including several appearances from Wesley Smith. I wonder who will replace her permenently.
HB
HarryB
Genelle has left Central so a complete mixture on GMB bulletins over the last few weeks, including several appearances from Wesley Smith. I wonder who will replace her permenently.

I thought the GMB bulletins in Central were presented by Balvinder Sidhu?
ST
South Today

I thought the GMB bulletins in Central were presented by Balvinder Sidhu?

She is currently on maternity leave.

Looks like Hannah Bechelet from Channel TV will replace Genelle. A pic has been posted on Central's Facebook page saying a new face coming soon.

11 days later

MW
Mike W
Midlands Today ended with credits yesterday as is customary for the year, Sarah Bishop (nee Falkland) was credited under her maiden name.

A choir in the public space was the closing music of choice for the occasion.
MH
mhadley
Feel sorry for Giles Latcham presenting Midlands Today. Did the breakfast bulletins, lunch and this evening.
BE
Benjamin1
Feel sorry for Giles Latcham presenting Midlands Today. Did the breakfast bulletins, lunch and this evening.

Err, you feel sorry for him having to do his job?
MH
mhadley

Err, you feel sorry for him having to do his job?

Just saying that's a long day! I'm sure he'll cope. Must be covering for Mary Rhodes because she's hasn't been on today.

RD
RDJ
Was good to see Wesley Smith do the Evening bulletin tonight on Central. Probably the first time in a long time he presented the main evening programme.

Newer posts