TV Home Forum

BBC One 2016

Split from BBC One Christmas 2015 (January 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PE
peterrocket Founding member
It depends what the arrangements were - -it could be the grounds thought she was there to cover a match which generally news and sports crews have access to for reporting on the team as long as it's fixture related.

On the other hand, and more likely, a security guard who chanced it not liking what was being reported on tried to bluff they were in private grounds and not public.
DA
davidhorman
Does anyone know if Planet Earth is meant to be in 5.1? I thought the first couple were, but the last couple of weeks it doesn't seem to have been on Freesat.
UK
UKnews
Does anyone know if Planet Earth is meant to be in 5.1? I thought the first couple were, but the last couple of weeks it doesn't seem to have been on Freesat.

Nope, sadly it's been 2.0 all the way.

15 days later

LL
London Lite Founding member
Not Going Out has been recommissioned for two more series. Surprised as I thought they'd stop with the male and female lead marrying, however it'll show the characters as parents.
JA
james-2001
Hasn't Not Going Out "ended" about 3 times now? It was originally axed back in 2009!
VM
VMPhil
I honestly thought it was going to end after the 2014 Christmas special when Tim came back and it sort of jumped the shark (isn't it a tad predictable getting Lee and Lucy together? Had they ran out of ideas?)
JA
james-2001
It's going to be the next Last Of The Summer Wine and will still be going in another 20 years at this rate!
TM
tmorgan96
It's dreadful, I don't understand why the BBC continues to un-cancel it.
LO
lobster
It's dreadful, I don't understand why the BBC continues to un-cancel it.

what else does it have these days? the "hilarious" citizen khan? or the groundbreaking "the wright way"?

i think it's sadly the case that there aren't really any good sitcom writers around any more.... growing up we had only fools and horses, blackadder, bottom, red dwarf, keeping up appearances etc and all the others i forgot, these days, the best we can some up with is mrs browns boys... i suppose not too bad, but not a touch on the writing of only fools or blackadder.
CG
Charlie Gough
I've always enjoyed Not Going Out, but I think it'll feel like a different show, now that Lee and Lucy are parents.

It's a similar situation for Outnumbered, I'd say. I thought that would have ended years ago, perhaps after Series 3. I've never felt the show was quite as funny after the kids stopped being kids, as that was the whole foundation of the show.
WO
Worzel
I've always enjoyed Not Going Out, but I think it'll feel like a different show, now that Lee and Lucy are parents.

It's a similar situation for Outnumbered, I'd say. I thought that would have ended years ago, perhaps after Series 3. I've never felt the show was quite as funny after the kids stopped being kids, as that was the whole foundation of the show.

Very much the same with 2 Point 4 Children and its successor, My Family.
MW
Mike W

Very much the same with 2 Point 4 Children and its successor, My Family.

2point4 Children maintained the comedy better than My Family ever did. Let's never forget the son in My Family changing beyond all recognition towards the end (sexuality, style, mannerisms etc) - only thing he missed was a coke addiction.

Newer posts