TV Home Forum

BBC One Christmas Ident 2016 Speculation

Speculation (October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FA
fanoftv
Back in the 90's were the Christmas trailers aired from the start of December or later on in the month?
P0
p0ab
Back in the 90's were the Christmas trailers aired from the start of December or later on in the month?

In the early 90's it was the 1st December.
LL
Larry the Loafer
A recent upload by The TV Museum shows that "BBC1's got a lot of fings on" from 1993 started (or was running by) December 3rd.
WI
Wicko

I was 15 in 1984. I remember getting excited when I saw a 'spinning Christmas present' with Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious being played against it. It aired on a Sunday night - 2nd December. I remember it being a Sunday as mum and dad used to go to Bingo on a Sunday down the social club. But I only ever saw it once again the following Wednesday. I remember getting impatient because I kept turning over to BBC1 at odd junctions (they were rarely in alignment with ITV back then) to see if any further trail would air. But they didn't. It took until Saturday 8th December before the snowmen trails aired and they were beautiful trails. From then it was pretty constant. I remember 1984 fondly. It was the year of The Box of Delights - and my music centre!
LS
Lou Scannon
Wonder what the DM will make of the kiss if they get wind of it! Laughing

DM?

Danger Mouse?

Confused

Daily Mail!

Sorry I asked. The mere mention of that publication's name made me a little bit sick in my own mouth.

It's sometimes difficult to reconcile my own atheism with the likelihood that the Da*ly M*il is truly the work of Satan.
CA
Cavan
Anyone know what time the new IDENTS will start?

Does it really matter? They are going to be shown and they're probably going to be shown tonight.

Bloody hell, the amount of inane impatience here is hysterical.
PI
picard
Cavan posted:

Does it really matter? They are going to be shown and they're probably going to be shown tonight.

What's your problem?????

Does it really matter, yes it does because I want to see the premier of them. Your trying to stir. I really can't be asked.

Some people would say I am sad for getting excited about an ident. Are you one of those people?
WI
Wicko
Cavan posted:

Some people are avid collectors of television presentation. If they weren't, TV-Ark, this site, and so on wouldn't exist. Being able to see and record the TX of a new ident is akin to getting first day covers for stamp collectors. We all like different things, there really is no need to be quite so self righteous with your response.
JO
Josh
Slightly off-topic, but this is CBBC's Christmas promo.

The logo with the holly and the patterned trees in the B looks lovely.

Watch out for a pitched version of CBBC's "theme tune" Just Imagine It by MKTO.
DB
dbl
Cavan posted:

What's your problem?????

Does it really matter, yes it does because I want to see the premier of them. Your trying to stir. I really can't be asked.

Some people would say I am sad for getting excited about an ident. Are you one of those people?

Put it this way, an insider would probably be baffled and put off - by the way some people on here are behaving. It's not long to go.
KU
Kunst
JoshX posted:
Slightly off-topic, but this is CBBC's Christmas promo.

The logo with the holly and the patterned trees in the B looks lovely.

Watch out for a pitched version of CBBC's "theme tune" Just Imagine It by MKTO.

I so wish they would just drop Arial.. it looks awful
CA
Cavan
Wicko posted:
Some people are avid collectors of television presentation. If they weren't, TV-Ark, this site, and so on wouldn't exist. Being able to see and record the TX of a new ident is akin to getting first day covers for stamp collectors. We all like different things, there really is no need to be quite so self righteous with your response.

As am I - it's a requirement if you contribute to two different presentation websites. However, not everybody wants to be spoiled and some would rather be surprised to see an ident than expect to see one.

Does it really matter, yes it does because I want to see the premier of them.

Record each junction then - it's not rocket science.

Your trying to stir. I really can't be asked.

I wouldn't try to stir things up by thinking you know who I am.

No because I would be the pot calling the kettle black.

Newer posts