The Newsroom

International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WW
WW Update
Another regional Danish clip from YT user TelevisionIdents; this time it's TV Øst, serving West & South Zealand and Lolland-Falster:

WW
WW Update
Planet TV, Slovenia; news promo, 2016:

QN
Quatorzine Neko
ТСН (TSN), newscast from Ukrainian private channel 1+1, in November 2016. (It was already the same intro in 2013.)

WW
WW Update
Are I-Télé journalists back on full-scale strike?

LL
London Lite Founding member
As I type, i>Télé is live.
LL
According to this article, Jean-Marc Morandini should return when the channel rebrands.

http://www.rtbf.be/info/economie/detail_itele-pres-de-70-departs-prevus-dans-la-redaction-salaries?id=9464452
PE
penguin_kevin
The France Télévisions anchors still have trouble to synchronize with the radio titles. At 9:40pm, the newscast anchor says it's time to get back to Myriam Bounafaa (the continuity anchor), though it's actually time for the titles live from Radio France. And at 9:50pm, Myriam Bounafaa does not finish her sentence in time before the radio titles launch. These problems occur much more rarely with the radio anchors. It confirms some of my doubts: whether on the content or on the shape, Radio France keeps being more professional than France Télévisions (though the fact that the France Info radio has nearly 30 years of experience can still excuse a part of it).

Such problems also apply at other times of the day. What's more, at the beginning, before the longer programmes produced by Radio France (8h30 Politique, Les Informés, Le Clasico), the news anchors used to introduce the programme before the switch to Radio France (for example, they would say "now it's time for 8h30 Politique, with Jean-Michel Aphatie and Fabienne Sintes"). Now they just say "our programmes continue on France Info". It's sad. I wonder if there's still conflict between Radio France and France Télévisions…

Two things: (1) Is the franceinfo TV service a joint-venture of Radio France and France Televisions? (2) Are any of 12/13, 19/20, 13 Heures and 20 Heures also broadcast on franceinfo TV?
LL
The France Télévisions anchors still have trouble to synchronize with the radio titles. At 9:40pm, the newscast anchor says it's time to get back to Myriam Bounafaa (the continuity anchor), though it's actually time for the titles live from Radio France. And at 9:50pm, Myriam Bounafaa does not finish her sentence in time before the radio titles launch. These problems occur much more rarely with the radio anchors. It confirms some of my doubts: whether on the content or on the shape, Radio France keeps being more professional than France Télévisions (though the fact that the France Info radio has nearly 30 years of experience can still excuse a part of it).

Such problems also apply at other times of the day. What's more, at the beginning, before the longer programmes produced by Radio France (8h30 Politique, Les Informés, Le Clasico), the news anchors used to introduce the programme before the switch to Radio France (for example, they would say "now it's time for 8h30 Politique, with Jean-Michel Aphatie and Fabienne Sintes"). Now they just say "our programmes continue on France Info". It's sad. I wonder if there's still conflict between Radio France and France Télévisions…

Two things: (1) Is the franceinfo TV service a joint-venture of Radio France and France Televisions? (2) Are any of 12/13, 19/20, 13 Heures and 20 Heures also broadcast on franceinfo TV?

1. Franceinfo is a collabration between France Télévisions, Radio France, INA (French tv/radio archives) and France 24. All of the four organisations provide content.

2. No, but they have the resources of France 2 and 3 at their disposal. You'll see France 2 correspondents on Franceinfo and France 3 regional reporters. France 2's Télématin weather presenter will also provide a forecast for Franceinfo during their breakfast show. France 3 forecasters have provided out of vision forecasts for the channel.
QN
Quatorzine Neko

No, I think the relative emptiness of the offices is due to the lack of journalists after the many resignations during the strike (and some other journalists recently resigned even though the strike was already over).
NYTV, WW Update and London Lite gave kudos
JR
JRY
Al Jazeera Channel, Doha

The opening to one of Al Jazeera's news bulletins, this one is signed, too.
LL

No, I think the relative emptiness of the offices is due to the lack of journalists after the many resignations during the strike (and some other journalists recently resigned even though the strike was already over).

I won't be surprised if the part-time rolling news service continues until the re-brand. If anything, the part-time service is to make the brand even more toxic than it already is.
RK
Rkolsen
Surprised there wasn't a thread brought up about Fidel Castro's death. The Spanish networks Telemundo and Univision have naturally been on the ball all night and day. I believe Telemundo and Univision ended network coverage at 8PM Saturday night. Most of the local stations in English and Spanish in Miami have been going non stop.

According to TVNewser for the first 36 minutes Telemundo's coverage at 12:43AM had no graphics, commercial breaks, video and broadcast from a single camera that appeared to be having issues.

CNN International seemed to be the only American cable channel covering the story all night after it broke. MSNBC apparently broke into scheduled programming around 12:30 Saturday morning with Colleen Williams who is the 5 and 11 PM anchor at KNBC and then followed up with news briefs at the TOTH with their own overnight staff. Fox News I believe did the same. It seemed to be a big story in the morning but towards the afternoon there wasn't wall to wall coverage.

Newer posts