TV Home Forum

Has BBC Two just rebranded?

(I'm new here, sorry) (November 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CA
Cavan
Also in that particular ident...no BBC Two box logo. Is this even testing the water for a BBC Three/CBBC style logo?

So when a themed ident airs without a boxed logo, we're supposed to assume that this is because they're planning to change the channel's logo?

I have to give you credit; it takes strong legs to jump to such a conclusion.
Rex, Josh and bkman1990 gave kudos
BK
bkman1990
We have no idea if BBC Two is going into BBC Three or CBBC territory. That decision firmly rests with the BBC after all.

All I can see here is a nice refresh for a channel that lacks a new modern look even though the changes that have taken place now could be temporary. If it changes to these type of idents on a permanent basis; it is just what the channel needed IMO as it had the current look for far too long & it needed to have a new style that can have purpose to it's brand.
LS
LoganStuff
It seems as if the branding was aired only for yesterday's art night, as (with iPlayer rewind) the classic Bucket/Falling 2's ident was playing. It's a shame that the branding isn't permanent, it really deserves to be.
RE
Rex
Cavan posted:
Also in that particular ident...no BBC Two box logo. Is this even testing the water for a BBC Three/CBBC style logo?

So when a themed ident airs without a boxed logo, we're supposed to assume that this is because they're planning to change the channel's logo?

I have to give you credit; it takes strong legs to jump to such a conclusion.

Sorry for jumping to conclusions. This is themed as mentioned before, but I assumed that it would test the waters for future branding, just because the boxed logo wasn't even displayed. Obviously that rests with the BBC if they're even putting this at the drawing board. I'm very much sorry if I was assuming this to be fair.
BR
Brekkie
Any of the nations used it - when I rewound on iPlayer I got swan from BBC2.

Also someone here is surely already working on taking the classic idents and cutting them together quickly to form something new.
CR
Critique
Oooh, that's quite nice! These remind me of the current ITV2 idents, which cut between different scenes rather focussing on just one, and it works well here also. Whilst I don't think I'd like to see the 1990s idents edited into this, you would probably get away with taking the Window on the World idents and putting them in here.
TM
tmorgan96
So the BBC hasn't rebranded the main ident set of BBC One and Two in ages, but uses these fresh, bold and innovative idents for a single night a week?

What the f BBC? Mind boggling. Just use them as the main set.
RE
Rex
So the BBC hasn't rebranded the main ident set of BBC One and Two in ages, but uses these fresh, bold and innovative idents for a single night a week?

There's so much potential with the circles for BBC One and the '2' for BBC Two, but instead they are willing to let their current presentation go on, while losing all manner of consistency.
MR
mr_vivian
Bail posted:
I really don't like the 2 they use Sad

Me too!! It looks slightly clunky. Some things should never be altered. Prefer the original.
MR
mr_vivian

There's so much potential with the circles for BBC One and the '2' for BBC Two, but instead they are willing to let their current presentation go on, while losing all manner of consistency.

Hmm it's a tricky one. I think the storm surrounding the Circle idents made them afraid to update them. Losing Bake Off etc makes them even more afraid to spend coin.

I'm sure that's not the only reason but yes it would be nice to have a refresh.

But a proper refresh will take a lot of buck. A partial refresh might be more likely... eurgh.
RE
Rex

Hmm it's a tricky one. I think the storm surrounding the Circle idents made them afraid to update them. Losing Bake Off etc makes them even more afraid to spend coin.

But a proper refresh will take a lot of buck. A partial refresh might be more likely... eurgh.

Part of why the BBC aren't rebranding their two main channels is partially due to DQF cuts and the ensuing furore with Charter Renewal. Once it all blows over - next year, the BBC will finally be gutsy enough to rebrand both.
MR
mr_vivian

Part of why the BBC aren't rebranding their two main channels is partially due to DQF cuts and the ensuing furore with Charter Renewal. Once it all blows over - next year, the BBC will finally be gutsy enough to rebrand both.

I think we'll not get anything too spectacular when they do get a refresh.

There doesn't seem to be much money around the BBC at the moment.

Newer posts