TV Home Forum

New look Loose Women

Moving to TVC Studio 2 on 16th April 2018 (August 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
It is a fantasy rota, minus the rota, and is just not leading to an discussion of any worth in this thread.
BA
Bail Moderator
I think this should be the panel, and by any means I'm not trying to make fantasy rotas.

Err.... I'm not going to warn you for that... only I just did..?
SK
Skygeek

According to Nadia Sawalha's Twitter Nadiya Hussain is Back, and Ayda was revealed to be back a few week ago also.

The show needs to be serious and have a little fun

I think this should be the panel, and by any means I'm not trying to make fantasy rotas.

Holy Mother of God... what else do you do with your time?!

In the 16 years Loose Women has been on-air, I doubt its production team has cumulatively put this much thought into who presents when.

... which begs the question: Why do you need to?
JW
JamesWorldNews

According to Nadia Sawalha's Twitter Nadiya Hussain is Back, and Ayda was revealed to be back a few week ago also.

The show needs to be serious and have a little fun

Holy Mother of God... what else do you do with your time?!

In the 16 years Loose Women has been on-air, I doubt its production team has cumulatively put this much thought into who presents when.

... which begs the question: Why do you need to?

Blimey, Skygeek! That was rather grumpy! Why the foul mood? Anyone would think you're pregnant............
rob, Skygeek and UBox gave kudos
SK
Skygeek

Blimey, Skygeek! That was rather grumpy! Why the foul mood? Anyone would think you're pregnant............

Nope, - I am ovulating, though, and assume certain parties will want exact details as to the timings thereof. Laughing
JW
JamesWorldNews

Nope, - I am ovulating, though, and assume certain parties will want exact details as to the timings thereof. Laughing

You're gonna get us banned! Or warned! Stop it!

From a pres perspective, whether you love it or loathe it, Loose Women has certainly upped its game of late, if the viewing figures are anything to go by. However, like any show which airs 5 days per week and (now) 50 weeks per year, it swings some days from being incredibly watchable and entertaining. Other days it's as dull as dishwater. The only variable (apart from the changing guests and subject matter, obviously) is the presenter line-up. Some of them work well with certain others, and not with other members of the team. The chemistry is evident with certain presenters mixed together (evidenced by the reaction and howling from the studio audience). On other days, the entire thing is contrived and borders on the "switch-off" mode. I saw one episode last week and for a moment, I thought they were actually airing it without an audience present at all.

The current theme tune has now grown on me (hated it in the beginning) and I note that the US show "The View" has now copied the Loose Women desk design, to some extent.

For me, there is only one change that I would make if it were possible, and it would be to bring back R. Jain. She were t'best Loose Woman of all time, she were!

The picture quality from the big screen behind the presenters seems to have "dulled" somewhat lately. What type of screen is that anyway? Maybe you could lend them your old one from Sky News once you all move to that spanking new home of yours?

Best regards,
Jemima
JB
JasonB

Shall we make a rota thread for Skygeek? Very Happy
SK
Skygeek

I'm working tomorrow, but I've stipulated that the ghost of Reggie Bosanquet fills in for me every third Thursday.
CI
cityprod

I'm working tomorrow, but I've stipulated that the ghost of Reggie Bosanquet fills in for me every third Thursday.

And he'll probably be singing this little ditty...

22 days later

BA
Barney
Jamelia gone by the looks of it http://www.ok.co.uk/tv/loose-women/913043/jamelia-has-been-axed-from-loose-women-over-plus-sized-clothing-debate

17 days later

JA
jamesrl
Anne Diamond a great addition to the panel. Hope she is sticking around.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I second that, she's been brilliant and gels well with everyone. I think to some degree she fills the void left by Lynda Bellingham - a woman of a certain age with grown up kids.

Newer posts