Mass Media & Technology

MyITV: A rare set-top box concept

Could've this been the next ITV Digital? (November 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JF
JetixFann450
So I was looking on Vimeo, searching up ITV and noticed this idea, called myITV. Supposedly, it was a set-top box concept which allowed users to use the internet, watch TV, and sort programmes in playlists.

Technically, if this had launched in 2007, it would have been revolutionary. However, after I thought, ITV Digital launched a few years back and closed in 2002, so maybe this was an attempt to bring back ITV Digital? I don't know, but all I know is that the idea looked bright.

(this is sort of similar to the Kingston idea which started in Hull.)

Last edited by JetixFann450 on 4 November 2016 10:43pm
ST
steddenm
I don't know why but it seems to be a mock because they use a clip[ from I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here that has some swearing on it, and surely if ITV (or myITV) were plugging a product, it wouldn't have this?
JF
JetixFann450
I noticed that there only is Sky Sports 1 and HD, it might be something that if you click that channel, a pop up comes up saying "Sky Sports 1, 2, 3, so forth" and if that's the case, then with other channels like Sky Cinema or Sky Box Office, they will have a pop up choosing what channel. I also noticed there isn't Sky Movies, but considering Sky Cinema only exists now, it kinda makes sense nowadays?

If myITV launched today, there might be a few changes. For one, the interface will try to feel like Sky Q, but not really. And an actual TV guide gets added. Catch Up services also, and yadda yadda, typical modern stuff.
OR
orange
I really don't think this is a real concept from ITV. One of the AI's in the beginning is from http://www.cubo.cc/creepygirl/ and surely they wouldn't be using it in fear of breaching copyright?
OR
orange
I don't know why but it seems to be a mock because they use a clip[ from I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here that has some swearing on it, and surely if ITV (or myITV) were plugging a product, it wouldn't have this?

They also included sky anytime but bizzarely used the S4C logo from 1995, a lot of the elements don't really add up and point to it being a mock.

Still interesting to look at though. Very Happy
Last edited by orange on 5 November 2016 12:56pm
JF
JetixFann450
T0M posted:

They also included sky anytime but bizzarely used the S4C logo from 1995, a lot of the elements don't really add up and point to it being a mock.

Still interesting to look at though. Very Happy

I would agree. Even thought this isn't my concept, it seems pretty good for one. I guess this was one of the plans they had before they decided not to do it, just in case something like the ITV Digital collapse might happen again.
Last edited by JetixFann450 on 5 November 2016 2:41pm

Newer posts