Media Websites

TV ARK: Issues?

(October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NL
Ne1L C
Hi

Apologies if this had already been asked but does anyone know why TV ARK hasn't been updated recently? Very Happy
NW
nwtv2003
Apparently they're rebuilding it again, however I'm sure someone else can confirm this. They have however been updating their Facebook page with new videos quite regularly, even more better as its Facebook the videos work on iOS.
:-(
A former member
whats the address for its facebook page?
RO
rob Founding member
Voila.
MM
MMcG198
The site is not in the process of being rebuilt. The existing site is maintained using very old software which is no longer fit for purpose - and this, amongst other things, has impacted the frequency of updates.. Work to create a new, more up-to-date technical solution is ongoing. However, any new version of the site is a while off - discussions on that are ongoing and no firm decisions have been taken.
A former member

Look at the gems on that!

The site is not in the process of being rebuilt. The existing site is maintained using very old software which is no longer fit for purpose - and this, amongst other things, has impacted the frequency of updates.. Work to create a new, more up-to-date technical solution is ongoing. However, any new version of the site is a while off - discussions on that are ongoing and no firm decisions have been taken.

Alas your end up like a dog chasing a tail, since the way things are going upgrades and newer tech will be out before you can blink, I can fully under the frustration in having bite the bullet and hope for the best.
JA
JAS84
Why does the Chat Shows/W page have a Wogan clip labelled 1983 when the show started in 1985?
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Interesting video on the Facebook page of a double end-capped Central programme. Must have been a really late decision to change them at that time?
MM
MMcG198
JAS84 posted:
Why does the Chat Shows/W page have a Wogan clip labelled 1983...

Because it was broadcast in 1983.

JAS84 posted:
...when the show started in 1985?

The thrice-weekly version of the show began in February 1985. However, he also had a Saturday night show under the same title, which began in 1982.

I don't dispute the fact that TV Ark currently has more than a few inaccurate TX dates featured on its pages - however, I don't believe this is one of them.
A former member

JAS84 posted:
...when the show started in 1985?

The thrice-weekly version of the show began in February 1985. However, he also had a Saturday night show under the same title, which began in 1982.
I don't dispute the fact that TV Ark currently has more than a few inaccurate TX dates featured on its pages - however, I don't believe this is one of them.

I agree on both counts, there are a few errors but I shall back you up to the hill on that clip, that really 1983.

In case anyone wondering Wogan started off on Tuesdays in 1982, before it was moved.
JA
JAS84
In that case, the description for the first 1985 clip on the same page is incorrect, as it says "Here's the first edition".
A former member
of the new format 😉

Newer posts