TV Home Forum

Channel 4 drops programme half way through

Replaces 'Your Face Says It All' with Travel Man (October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
As far as I can tell there was no visible problem during the programme with the audio or video, and it went into a normal ad break around 8.30, but after the break this announcement was made (before and after included for context)

Technical issue? Legal issue? Programme not finished before broadcast? Someone spilled coffee over the tape machine?
NG
noggin Founding member
I don't know how C4 cope with multi part delivered shows in the brave new world of File Delivery. Could be that the parts that played were OK - but a problem became apparent with the part that was about to be played (i.e. a technical difficulty)?
:-(
A former member
Isnt all non live content, needed to be viewed behide him just to make sure its "safe"
VM
VMPhil
Announcement over credits.

BR
Brekkie
Hopefully it introduced some viewers who weren't expecting it to the hidden gem that is Travel Man.
MrDexB and DavidWhitfield gave kudos
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Reading through some Twitter comments, it seems that the programme was broadcast without the voiceover when it was meant to have one.

I wasn't watching the programme so correct me if this information is incorrect.

EDIT: The All4 version has a voiceover.
Last edited by PATV Scunthorpe on 25 October 2016 10:59pm
VM
VMPhil
Interesting, just watching back my recording on +1 and there are no subtitles where a narrator should be, so if that's true seemingly nobody noticed the error until literally when it was being broadcast.
IS
Inspector Sands
Isnt all non live content, needed to be viewed behide him just to make sure its "safe"

I wish you'd view your comments to make sure they're "safe"

My first thought, going by the nature of the programme, was that part 2 included something about Pete Burns that they suddenly realised was inappropriate
TL
toby lerone 2016
Maybe the second half of the show was poached by the BBC
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Interesting, just watching back my recording on +1 and there are no subtitles where a narrator should be, so if that's true seemingly nobody noticed the error until literally when it was being broadcast.

Were the rest of the subtitles live style or pre-prepared?
VM
VMPhil

Were the rest of the subtitles live style or pre-prepared?

They were pre-prepared. There have been instances in which subtitles show things that were cut before broadcast so that's why I wanted to check if the subtitles for the narration were there, but they were not.

Newer posts