The Newsroom

Sky News presentation - New studio onwards

(October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IS
Inspector Sands
It'd make a good studio for BBC London News.

It is BBC London News circa 2001 albeit on a much bigger scale
RH
richard h
The ticker round the box isn't in sync with the 1 on the bottom of the screen either

stood up presentation from 1pm
Last edited by richard h on 24 October 2016 1:07pm
II
IrelandIsle
Looks like an office conference room
PI
picard
Looks like an office conference room

It will end up as one.
Whataday, Bail and Johnnie gave kudos
RO
rob Founding member
Images on TV Live.
HB
HarryB
The ticker round the box isn't in sync with the 1 on the bottom of the screen either

Seems to have been fixed

AA
Aaron_2015
A few different views:

MA
mark Founding member
It's all a bit 'meh' - easy enough on the eye, but nothing special or exciting.

My main issue is that literally nothing about the atrium background says 'news'. They could be in a conference centre, university, leisure centre, or any other beige space. Apart from the big screen, the whole thing has the look of a temporary studio at a party conference.

A shame - but, if they spruced up the atrium, it would look much better.
NJ
news junkie
Anyhoo... if you think about it, the glass box is probably the friendliest set on TV: No rostrum, no cables and a height adjustable desk.
GI
gillw72
The studio is growing on me, be interested to see how it's used for Kay's programme.
IS
Inspector Sands
Anyhoo... if you think about it, the glass box is probably the friendliest set on TV: No rostrum, no cables and a height adjustable desk.

Just slightly spooky moving robotic eyes hanging from the ceiling Shocked
RH
richard h

Seems to have been fixed

I think they get away with it when its a short piece of breaking news looping but if you look at it when its the normal ticker I've not seen it matched up at all so far - maybe not meant to be matched but every now and then it will be by chance.

Anyone else noticed that breaking news is not staying on the ticker for long today?

Newer posts