The Gallery

This Morning "Scroller" titles 2016

(October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
A bit of a retro mashup of the This Morning titles.

I was always a fan of the titles used in the 1990s, with clips from the show scrolling across. They really summed up the programme far more than anything since.

CY
cyberdude
Great. I think the titles as they are now, are quite tacky, and this would be a major improvement.
RD
RDJ
I do think the current titles have way too much focus on Holly and Philip. There's a whole team on the show and of course Eamonn and Ruth and none of them get a look in.

I do think the scrolling titles of the 90's, the blue and yellow titles of the start of the 00's and the box titles at the start of Fern and Phil's reign really reflected what the show is all about with all of the guests, presenters and team together.

This mock does a good job at this, definitely something ITV should consider when designing new titles.
FA
fanoftv
Brilliant work Whataday. I could really see this idea working on the programme. Especially as there could be an Eamonn & Ruth version that used more clips straight into the logo at the end.
BR
Brekkie
The bits you added were certainly the strongest part of those titles, and it even works with the brief clips of Phil and Holly, though I think for the concept to work you need to cut straight to a title card at the end. I agree though it sums up the show much better - it's always been about the "family" at This Morning and the current titles are just all about two people.

And as mentioned I don't get why they use these titles with Eamonn and Ruth - even if they don't give them their own version just using the short version with the bridge would be sufficient.
:-(
A former member
Well, because the "brand" is Phillip & Holly, and they want the brand to be personality-led. Changing the titles depending on whoever happens to be presenting diminishes that.
WH
Whataday Founding member
The bits you added were certainly the strongest part of those titles, and it even works with the brief clips of Phil and Holly, though I think for the concept to work you need to cut straight to a title card at the end.

I'm working on something similar to that which keeps the pre-filmed bits to a minimum.
PF
PFML84
Its nice, if anything I'd say it scrolls a little too fast. The shots of Philip in the cafe are cringe-worthy though, but I know that isn't your fault. The title sequence is awful as it is so you have certainly improved it.
WH
Whataday Founding member
New version (sans cafe)

I've worked the filmed shots in a lot neater, made them shorter and snappier, and included more programme footage.

With regards to it scrolling a little too fast - it always used to fly by in the original. I've tried to do it slower but it doesn't look right.

PS. Yes, I've cheated and flipped the bridge to make that sequence last longer.
Last edited by Whataday on 20 October 2016 1:36am - 2 times in total
CI
cityprod
It looks really professional and very in keeping with the programme's history, but also keeps it pretty modern and fresh. The footage from the current titles is well edited and works amazingly well with the scrolling videos.

It's very impressive work.

The only thing I might suggest as an improvement is putting in the logo at the beginning as well, which was part of the titles in the 90s, but other than that, it's great.
BR
Brekkie
Great update and very believable. I thought the concept might look a bit dated but it's quite the opposite actually.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Watching the same footage a million times brought to my attention that they're wearing different clothes in the last scene. I guess that's intentional rather than a continuity goof.

Newer posts