The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast

From 6am (April 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HA
harshy Founding member
So what's changed then I don't see it what the excitement was about.
RO
rob Founding member

HA
harshy Founding member
That's not too bad actually it's not too fancy and over the top just right I think.
HC
Hatton Cross
Wow. Not the best piece of design work.
White name captions not been enclosed in a strap box means the some of the letters in the name caption are getting completely lost if the area of the picture is white.

Stick the picture takers names in another coloured block sitting on top of the clock. Text is small enough to be just noticable and not detract from the picture/photo.
RK
Rkolsen
rob posted:

Maybe it's just me but James seems to hype the slightest of changes to graphics.
HA
harshy Founding member
rob posted:

Maybe it's just me but James seems to hype the slightest of changes to graphics.

This is TV Forum, we get excited over any little thing Razz
Lou Scannon and fanoftv gave kudos
JO
Joe
rob posted:

He's the graphic designer for the programme; it is his own personal Twitter account. He did not preface the tweet with the words 'huge news!' This is the equivalent of being married to an estate agent who comes home at the end of the day and says 'I sold a flat this afternoon.'
eanok, Mike W and lxflyer gave kudos
MI
m_in_m
Joe posted:
rob posted:

He's the graphic designer for the programme; it is his own personal Twitter account. He did not preface the tweet with the words 'huge news!' This is the equivalent of being married to an estate agent who comes home at the end of the day and says 'I sold a flat this afternoon.'

Joe posted:
rob posted:

And remember social media is how you can show off your own work/contribution and might mean you are remembered the next time someone has an opportunity or bit of freelance work available. Equally this might just be someone who is very proud of their end result - after all we don't know how long this took to produce and how many variations it might have gone through before it was approved.
eanok, lxflyer and Lou Scannon gave kudos
DE
deejay
Personally, I think that's extremely nice and far better than some of the more boring ways of showing off viewer photos. I like the animation between each still and starting with a thumbnail footer keyed over the output is quite original I think (can't recall BBC news doing that before anyway?). Good work.

38 days later

DF
DrewF
Sean Farrington presenting the business news this morning, I think that's new...
DF
DrewF
And this morning, the coming up sequence included an item about an interview with Nicola Sturgeon, while showing footage of a gorilla. Whoops!
JW
JamesWorldNews
DrewF posted:
And this morning, the coming up sequence included an item about an interview with Nicola Sturgeon, while showing footage of a gorilla. Whoops!

It's absolutely disgusting that the BBC have chosen to mock in this way. This was clearly not accidental at all and heads should roll at BBC News for this. They've gone a step too far in this case, Drew. I am incensed!

I hope all other activists join me in apologising to the gorilla on behalf of the BBC.

Newer posts