TV Home Forum

20 Years of Dick & Dom

A special event on CBBC (October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DC
DCI02
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2016/dick-dom-20

Tomorrow (Friday 14th) will mark 20 years since Richard McCourt and Dominic Wood first appeared on CBBC. They will be in CBBC's continuity (CBBC HQ) from 16:00 until 21:00 talking about their highlights. Some of their programmes will also be shown:

15:55 - Splatalot
19:30 - Diddy TV (two episodes)
20:00 - Da Dick and Dom Dairies - Da Best of Da Bungalow
20:30 - The Legend of Dick and Dom

Their appearance on talk show Hacker Time will be broadcast on Saturday (15th) at 15:50.

Series 5 of their show Absolute Genius begins on Wednesday (19th) at 17:00.

PI
picard
20 Years Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
DB
dbl
I feel old.
London Lite and Brekkie gave kudos
VM
VMPhil
Technically only 14 years they've been officially Dick and Dom, but still!
DC
DCI02
I still crack up at this every time:

They should have got Dave Chapman to host the Crystal Maze reboot...
MA
madmusician
The producer behind it is the same person behind the CBBC Birthday show last year, so it promises to be very good, with a similar level and quality of archive clips.
KE
kernow
That's a long time to be on children's tv. Most people would have moved on long before then.

I'm guessing this is either because they have chosen to stay in children's tv, or have struggled to find other presenting roles.
IS
Inspector Sands
That's a long time to be on children's tv. Most people would have moved on long before then.

I'm guessing this is either because they have chosen to stay in children's tv, or have struggled to find other presenting roles.

Yes, they have strayed into non-childrens TV but it didn't really work out, not surprising really as I can't see what they could do without changing their whole act.

What is quite surprising though is that they stayed working for CBBC despite Richard being in the papers for his drug use
DC
DCI02

I don't think it would work if they presented "adult's" TV, it wouldn't be the same. There seem to be quite a children's TV presenters that have been doing it for a long time: Sam & Mark (11 years), Barney Harwood (14 years), Justin Fletcher (19 years), Naomi Wilkinson (17 years) and Ed Petrie (12 years) just to name a few.
DE
deejay
Also don't forget Chris Jarvis, who worked on CBBC when it was still done from the Broomcupboard and Pres A. Wikipedia says he joined in 1992, was at itv/Ch4 for a couple of years, then was part of the original CBeebies lineup.
JA
james-2001
What is quite surprising though is that they stayed working for CBBC despite Richard being in the papers for his drug use

I don't remember hearing about that, that's disapointing. I remember how let down I felt as a kid when it happened with Richard Bacon, and again when it was Mark Speight, who I respected a lot as a kid (though I was in my 20s by the time that came out).
IS
Inspector Sands
Chris's on-screen partner Pui has been at Cbeebies since launch, 14 years ago... longer if you count her work before that as a tellytubby

Sidney Sloane is another remaining original presenter of Cbeebies

Newer posts