The Newsroom

New look BBC Parliament

Monday 10th October 2:30pm (October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GO
gottago
Don't think this has been mentioned.

The BBC continuing its trend of refreshing just about every one of its brands except 1 and 2.
ST
Stuart
The BBC continuing its trend of refreshing just about every one of its brands except 1 and 2.

It did 'refresh' BBC TWO, just in a retro way! Very Happy
VM
VMPhil
Sneak preview:

ST
Stuart
^ Laughing
RE
Rex

It did 'refresh' BBC TWO, just in a retro way! Very Happy

Unfortunately the other aspects of BBC Two pres feel disjointed, especially the inconsistent logos and tired endboard, though I'd commend them for bringing back the 90s idents. And BBC One is in dire need of a refresh. Friday marks 10 years since the circles first came on screen.

They've rushed on BBC Three to give it a new identity for its online move/TV closure, while CBBC was rebranded in March. From what I'm seeing they are doing this in a brand by brand basis.

Not sure about BBC FOUR and BBC News, but I'd imagine it's unlikely that CBeebies would be rebranded. It's far too iconic for the 0-8 audience it serves for it to be changed.
Last edited by Rex on 1 October 2016 8:01pm
PI
picard
And BBC One keeps the 10 year old circle.
BR
Brekkie
This actually could be interesting - or not. On the one hand it might not tell us anything but on the other if we do see similarities with the refreshes for CBBC and BBC3 earlier in the year it's only a matter of time before that branding concept is rolled out across all channels - for better or worse.
RN
Rolling News

Hard to believe next Friday (7th October) will mark 10 years of the circles idents.
RI
Richard
And BBC One is in dire need of a refresh. Friday marks 10 years since the circles first came on screen.

Hard to believe next Friday (7th October) will mark 10 years of the circles idents.

Is there an echo in here? Very Happy Very Happy
AE
AlexEdohHD13
Sneak preview:

I don't really like this logo. It's pretty crap one IMO!
PE
peterrocket Founding member
The new look finally makes it 'less red' - but it has a nice tune Smile
MD
mdtauk
The new look finally makes it 'less red' - but it has a nice tune Smile

Does it still come under the influence of the BBC News branding, or does it go its own way?

Newer posts