TV Home Forum

Christmas on TV

In September! (September 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
steddenm
ITV had just had a sponsorship bumper for Smyths Toys at the beginning of You've Been Framed! which is the same format (falling snow etc) as their in-store Christmas advertising! Bit early!!
Last edited by steddenm on 21 September 2016 11:00am
LL
Larry the Loafer
The mince pies and Christmas puddings are already in Sainsburys. There's nothing we can do.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Channel 5 were showing Christmas films in July. Low budget ones, admittedly, but they were Christmas films.
UB
UBox
I saw an ScS advert earlier. I believe yesterday was 100 days, presumably why they've started now.
RO
Rofters
Wonder what John Lewis will do this year. Probably something to do with the refugee crisis.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Wonder what John Lewis will do this year. Probably something to do with the refugee crisis.

Since when did any of the John Lewis adverts have anything to do with current events?

I didn't see any news about a man living on the moon last year, nor do I remember any major Penguin news for the Monty The Penguin advert in 2014.

However they may have a way to go to beat Monty the Penguin as I thought that was one of the better ones.
Inspector Sands, dosxuk and London Lite gave kudos
JO
Jon
It's probably that Rob Schneider chap.
BA
bilky asko
ITV had just had a sponsorship bumper for Smyths Foys at the beginning of You've Been Framed! which is the same format (falling snow etc) as their in-store Christmas advertising! Bit early!!

I have read this post four times and it's just now I realised you meant Smyths Toys and not some posh-sounding shop called Smyths Foys.
JV
James Vertigan Founding member

I have read this post four times and it's just now I realised you meant Smyths Toys and not some posh-sounding shop called Smyths Foys.

Smyths Foys sounds like it could be the new Fortnum & Mason! Laughing
ST
steddenm
ITV had just had a sponsorship bumper for Smyths Foys at the beginning of You've Been Framed! which is the same format (falling snow etc) as their in-store Christmas advertising! Bit early!!

Have edited it. I blame iOS 10!

13 days later

BR
Brekkie
True Movies has already become True Christmas.

http://www.a516digital.com/2016/10/truly-early-xmas-for-movie-channels.html
RE
Rex

Connecting with this temporary rebrand - True Drama was pulled off air to make way for a True Entertainment+1 channel. I think Sony must have realised that content was spread thinly across both channels and decided that True Drama was no longer viable enough to run - because True Entertainment covers the same remit with a much wider audience.

Newer posts